craziest thing smoked

dealm9

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
i am a curious nooby when it comes to smoking :icon_blush: i am not a very experienced smoker by any means, but i am not a noob when it comes to eating and enjoying smoked meats:becky:. just curious as to what they craziest/weirdest/stupid thing anyone has ever smoked or eaten that was smoked and if it turned out good or bad. if this topic has already been posted, sorry!

I think Bigbutz needs to step up and address this one. He smokes everything.

Here's a nice little gem to get the thread started. Did some beef bone marrow a while back... Not something for everyone, but I'll definitely be doing it again!

Cheers

Full thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95605
OK, so I thought you guys would appreciate this one... A little back story here. I was at my butcher picking up some shoulders for some hams I'm working on and I see him breaking down some beef rounds with some huge femur bones... So I of course asked him for one of them. This is what became of it, and DAMN it was good!

I've always wanted to try doing bone marrow on the smoker, so tonight I decided to give it a go. I did up a parsley salad topping with lime, shallots, salt, black pepper, garlic, pepper flakes, capers and some EVOO. Then seasoned the cut bones with my beef rub (some bones even had some extra meat as a bonus :thumb:) Hot smoked them (350-400) for just under an hour with almond wood, spread it on some sliced & toasted french baguettes, and topped if off with a touch of salt and the parsley salad. The flavor was amazing... So rich! Like beef butter! Definitely something I'll be doing again... just not for now! This can't be all that healthy for you! :shock::becky::thumb: Now I'm sure this isn't for everyone, my wife looked on me like I was crazy when I pulled out the marrow. :heh: But man... oh so good! :thumb:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers

that looks amazing! that was really imaginative with the parsley salad.

I love it! I bet that was really good.

that looks amazing! that was really imaginative with the parsley salad.

Thanks. It was DAMN GOOD! Rich as hell, but cravingly delicious! Highly Recommended! Had to have something to cut through the richness, the parsley and lime did it perfectly! You could use cilantro as well but I'm a much bigger fan of parsley over cilantro. :thumb:

Cheers

Thanks. It was DAMN GOOD! Rich as hell, but cravingly delicious! Highly Recommended! Had to have something to cut through the richness, the parsley and lime did it perfectly! You could use cilantro as well but I'm a much bigger fan of parsley over cilantro. :thumb:

Cheers

youd like osso bocco.
and youd also like tabouli.

I definitely need to get out and experience more of the world. Ya'll are cooking things I have never heard of before. Before today I would at least go to Google and research it but today I give up and I'm not really a quitter. I do have to say though that the bacon wrapped oreos sounds pretty good. :thumb:

Back