Bought new CG Kamado $100

What a tease! Just not right to do lol. i gotta hear how this happened tho hurry back and tell us!

I apologize for the tease. I posted it on my phone and can't text that fast on the droid :tsk:

I saw a posting this morning on Craigslist stating new in box for $200. It was about 40 miles away so I offered $150 because of travel time. She agreed and I went to pick it up after work. Apparently she works at lowes and won it at a raffle. When I helped her get it out of the truck mostly assembled I noticed some damage. I guess it was a return. It has a few dents but nothing that cannot be fixed with a little work. Bottom line I haggled it down to a $100. :clap2: I learned from watching pawn stars :laugh:

20120323_204322.jpg

thats awesome man keep us posted on the cooks you do im sure you will be happy with it ill be unboxing mine by tuesday when i get my CGK from my gf for my bday

I apologize for the tease. I posted it on my phone and can't text that fast on the droid :tsk:

I saw a posting this morning on Craigslist stating new in box for $200. It was about 40 miles away so I offered $150 because of travel time. She agreed and I went to pick it up after work. Apparently she works at lowes and won it at a raffle. When I helped her get it out of the truck mostly assembled I noticed some damage. I guess it was a return. It has a few dents but nothing that cannot be fixed with a little work. Bottom line I haggled it down to a $100. :clap2: I learned from watching pawn stars :laugh:

20120323_204322.jpg

Way to go! Now can you cook something on it and become a Pr0n star? :loco:

These guys are becoming popular.

They work well, don't cost much, and the final result is awesome.

Forgot to mention they are highly fuel efficient. What's not to love!

Do these things work essentially like a BGE? Can you lock in 225-250 easily? I'm just curious how they work!

I just finished assembly. It still needs a few more ajustments and modifications. It may not be the quality of a primo or BGE but I'm pretty sure I got my moneys worth! :grin: I might fire it up tonight.

20120324_142512.jpg

I just finished assembly. It still needs a few more ajustments and modifications. It may not be the quality of a primo or BGE but I'm pretty sure I got my moneys worth! :grin: I might fire it up tonight.

20120324_142512.jpg

You might fire it up? Come on put some meat in the smoke man!

Yes I will. Just lit it and only minimal leak on lip seal when all vents are closed.

jeez...I already have a wsm, performer, just got a summit and thought i was done. Now I see this post...

Back