Surf-n-Turf Plus, Lots of pRon

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Grilled top sirloin and prawns for dinner last night, along with sides. Here's the story;

The stars of the show:
Surf-n-TurfPlus043_zps810193e7.jpg

I started by prepping the prawns. I tried something a little different and boy did they turn out good. First I sauted the mushrooms in a bunch of butter, then I let that cool down just so that the butter was still melted but not hot. then I put in the prawns with some Plowboys Fin and Feather which has a tart profile and also some SM Sweet and Spicey and just let all that "marinate" if you will, at room temp while I prepped some more.
Surf-n-TurfPlus050_zpsb906887c.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus052_zpsb6b08026.jpg

Seasoned up the sirloin with just fresh ground sea salt, pepper and granulated garlic. I can't believe I didn't get a pic, but I'm guessing you all have seen that before, lol. Next Item was grilled onions that I do in my Cuisinart Griddler. I cut the onion into halves drizzle with melted butter, and in this case dusted with some SM Sweet and Spicey.
Surf-n-TurfPlus055_zpsb96aae59.jpg

Then sliced up some taters, mixed them with a little oil and SM season all, these went in the oven while the other prep was going on.
Surf-n-TurfPlus001_zpsc7d7ef1a.jpg

Skewered the prawns and mushrooms;
Surf-n-TurfPlus056_zps7e9f5aab.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus058_zps9aab937a.jpg

At some point here I got the WSJ fired up with some lump. When the taters were near done I started firing up everything else;
The onions;
Surf-n-TurfPlus005_zps7989925f.jpg

Steak on;

Surf-n-TurfPlus009_zpsd0d50d79.jpg

Prawns on after the steak was turned;
Surf-n-TurfPlus014_zpsfda4cf9f.jpg

Check the onions
Surf-n-TurfPlus006_zps991e6ca9.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus008_zps093b0b85.jpg

coming along nicely, check the prawns;
Surf-n-TurfPlus016_zpse8d1491a.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus015_zpsc9d3c476.jpg

already had the steak off, now the prawns went to join, check the onions again, they are done, taters are done, vegies are done, sooooooooo, everybody joins the party;
Surf-n-TurfPlus021_zps001dcb89.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus018_zps504922fb.jpg

Some bite shots;
shrimp and mushroom
Surf-n-TurfPlus022_zps103975d6.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus031_zps90bc2c07.jpg

Steak and onions
Surf-n-TurfPlus041_zps2ec922f4.jpg

One of the best dinners I've had in a long time. The steak was just a little more done than I like, but was stiil very good, especially with the grilled onions. The prawns were outta site, gotta do those again and soon. I had some cocktail sauce for the prawns, only used it on 1 bite, they were better standing on there own, delicious!

Overall, I was more than happy with it all.

Hope ya'll enjoyed it, I know I did.

KC

Great looking feast!! Dibs on leftovers! :mrgreen:

You did it up right, Kim! Great job on everything! :hungry:

Looks great! I love surf 'n turf on the grill. :hungry:

Did you ever try grilling the veggies on the Weber as well? I do spuds all the time like that (but I need to try some of my rubs rather than just EVOO and S&P.) You can even do the onions but you have to be really careful on the wire grill as they like to sneak into the fire. I use a CI grate with close spacing to minimize that.

Back