KCBS opens Board nominations

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Kansas City Barbeque Society Solicits
Board Nominations for the 2009 Election

These are exciting times for KCBS, and for barbeque. Our favorite food group, culinary technique, and sport have captured the imagination of the public. Barbeque is America’s hot new food, and KCBS is America's BBQ Expert!

Kansas City Barbeque Society is experiencing rapid growth, as it emerges as the premier authority on outdoor cooking and barbeque. KCBS needs committed individuals, to serve our membership, who have a passion for barbeque, are experienced in outdoor cooking, have event, contest, and judging experience, as well as a strong desire to serve in a demanding volunteer position. Along with these qualifications, a strong candidate for the Kansas City Barbeque Society board may also have experience in Marketing/Public Relations, Finance/Accounting, Technology/Programming, or Legal experience. We have great opportunities which will require devoted and dedicated board members who desire to devote their time and efforts working hard for the organization. Again this year, our members are asked to nominate members for the four (4) positions available on this year’s ballot to each serve a three (3) year term.

Nominations for the KCBS Board of Directors will begin on the 1st day of October, 2008 and will close on the 31st day of October, 2008. All members of KCBS, in good standing are eligible for candidacy. Any member may be nominated by another member or by self nomination. Please provide the following:
name,
address,
phone number, and
e-mail address
of each nominee being submitted for candidacy.

Each candidate nominated must accept the nomination for their name to appear on the ballot. The candidates will be required by the 10th day of November, 2008 to provide to the KCBS office, a current photograph, a statement of qualifications, a biography and general campaign platform, and their answers to the election questionnaire. This information will be publicized in the Bullsheet, on the KCBS website, and the electronic voting website. The submission may be modified one time following initial publication.

The election voting shall begin January 2. 2009 and conclude on January 16, 2009. The results will be announced at the KCBS Annual Banquet January 17, 2009. The newly elected members shall begin their term at the February KCBS Board meeting. All board members are required to serve on Board Committees and be an active member of the Board by attending monthly board meetings and participating in KCBS events. Each Board Member is expected to promote the mission and the ideals of KCBS.

Nominations may be mailed to KCBS at 11514 Hickman Mills Drive, Kansas City, Mo
or by email to: mwhitebook@kcbs.us and awinn@kcbs.us.

For more information contact:
Merl Whitebook - mwhitebook@kcbs.us
Secretary, KCBS Board of Directors

This time lets pick one or two members for the BOD & vote for them ONLY. That way you're not giving extra votes to someone who may finish a few votes ahead of "our" nominees.

That said, I hereby nominate Poohbah :biggrin:.

I would love Steph to run but she won't. Mike Budai is a great BBQ rep and competition bbqer. I would vote for him to bring back true value of our founding fathers. :grin:

Rich and Bunny Tuttle

Merl is up for reelection this time right?
Too few of our Brothers are KCBS members it seems

Thom, are you a KCBS member? Any interest in running for the Board if you are? With the experience and leadership role you had as President of the California BBQ Assn, I can't think of a better candidate to nominate from the Brethren forum.

Merl, you've got my vote for reelection should you decide to run again. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Thanks Brother......... I am on the IBCA BoD and have a number of projects I want am working on in the West. I have doubts a Guy from out here can get elected. Sure would be fun to open the thing up to the membership.

If there is any interest in The Brethren having a significant impact on the elections, more members must join KCBS and all of us who are members must vote. Nominees have been voted in with 5-6-700 votes.. Our active membership alone exceeds that, but its just that a small percentage are members of KCBS. So if we are to make anything happen, thats the only answer.

Lets get Cooks on the KCBS board

I'm a KCBS member I would like to
see more cooks on the KCBS board..
No I'm not running, but would be willing
to campaign for a cook or two from
the Brethren get elected.. So who wants
the Job?

Plenty of good candidates from the NEBS as well. The NEBS as a group should also bond to get another cook elected. As I agree with that Sully.

I have been asking all year to
see if anyone from NEBS wants
to run for the KCBS board

Can I be Poobah's running mate? I have eaten BBQ and can see Kansas City from my house.

Can we get a comprehensive list of Brethren that have an interest in serving and a list of current board members that we feel deserve our support that are up for reelection?

Phil has been mentioned, does anyone know if he is interested in running this year?

Is Merle or Linda Mullane up for reelection?

Eric

I specifically joined the KCBS to have the opportunity to voice my opinions to those running the show and to be able to vote.

I don't care if Elvis is found to be alive and is running for the Board, no one is getting my vote quicker than Merle. He has been instrumental in knocking down the walls on communication and being a spokesperson for the average member.

I can't recommend him highly enough and I hope other members will be voting for him as well.

Eric

Back