Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Well as I was heading out of town on Thursday to Show Low AZ for a bbq competition I got a phone call from Amber at LSG. She told me my smoker was done and was shipping out :wink::icon_smile_tongue:
Well I'm back and today is Monday. Looked at the tracking for my smoker and they took the long way !!!!! Texas to Phoenix over the weekend and now it's scheduled to go to Vegas then to me !!!!!! DAM the shipping company the idiots have to drive through Kingman which is only 30 miles from me on there way to Vegas. Just to turn around and drive 90 miles to deliver it !!!!! I could be seasoning my grill as we speak but NO I have to wait an extra two days because of this. Man I'm depressed but excited to get it...... OH and I leave for Mexico the day it arrives. Go figure !!!! Just ranting sorry :mmph:

Congrats! You gonna love it. Good luck getting it off the crate and into its new home...You gonna have fun. Make sure to invite friends.

I know the feeling of having to wait. I had to wait a whole week to season it, then another week to cook, due to rain...

Id read Chris's tips and learn from our experiences when you get ready for your first cook, so you dont have a tough time managing temps the first time out...

Enjoy!

Congrats pyroman! Welcome to the family! Not sure how much attention your Yoder smokers need, but you will love the "set it and forget" style of this smoker. She holds the temps pretty steady for hours.

Whoo hoo it's here.. I'm at work seasoning her as we speak
9399d18ddc7f9cfef761cbda28a7e0dd.jpg

23d17bfa1736bdf6e9596b462c6033e8.jpg

storage - vents open or closed

Got a curious question for the group, and others who have similar type cabinet smokers...

When you are done cooking and the smoker is all cleaned out and covered up and idle...

Do you close all the vents or do you leave all the vents and smoke stack open for ventilation?

The reason I ask, as I read somewhere to store the WSM with the vents open to prevent moisture or mildew buildup after rains or humid weather.

How do guys have the smoker stored when not in use? or does it matter?

I store mine inside a enclosed trailer, so I leave the doors and everything open.

Mine is on a covered back porch under a really heavy cover. I leave the intakes and exhaust open. I do the same with all my smokers except the one that does not have a cover and is out in the open. That one only has the drain valve open on the bottom.

Mine is in my garage. My neighborhood doesn't allow external huts and we have to conform to standard. She is happy in the garage.

Got a curious question for the group, and others who have similar type cabinet smokers...

When you are done cooking and the smoker is all cleaned out and covered up and idle...

Do you close all the vents or do you leave all the vents and smoke stack open for ventilation?

The reason I ask, as I read somewhere to store the WSM with the vents open to prevent moisture or mildew buildup after rains or humid weather.

How do guys have the smoker stored when not in use? or does it matter?

Good question. Never really thought about it. I have always closed all my vents and doors after the cooker is clean and dry. Not sure it makes a difference???

8" Locking Wheel upgrade

Did you guys see that? There is finally a reasonable cost upgrade for wheels. You can now get 8" Locking Wheels....too late for us, especially for me and my sloping patio lmao :wink: mine won't be going/moving anywhere for as long as I live in that house :-o

Very nice, given your first smoke, the weather and all. Then again - damn what a smoker.

Would have been great to get the locking wheels instead of wheeling chocks around. I would probably use them anyways.

Did you guys see that? There is finally a reasonable cost upgrade for wheels. You can now get 8" Locking Wheels....too late for us, especially for me and my sloping patio lmao :wink: mine won't be going/moving anywhere for as long as I live in that house :-o

I would wager to say that our group was responsible for getting Chris to add a caster with brakes to his accessories. I think we improved the product for future customers. Good for us!

Back