Teaching my Daughter how to cook on our new Kamado Joe Jr.

What day? My daughter turns 7 on this Saturday!

Yep, tons of bracelets here too (I knew someone would notice). My step-mom took a mission trip to Uganda in February and my daughter made about 40 of them for her to take to give to kids over there. My step-mom said that the bracelets were wanted by everyone of all ages there and if she gave them one it was like they won the lottery. She's one heck of a little girl and makes her daddy REALLY proud. The orange and black one is to match my YS1500 :becky: and was handmade without a loom. That was totally her idea. The other one is Steelers colors. We have Husker colors too among others.

That's a great story about your step-mom. It's amazing how much the little things matter. :thumb:

Her birthday is next Wednesday the 16th. Party this Sunday. Ribs on the menu. :thumb:

Orange and black are my go to colors also-Flyers colors, then it's green and white- Eagles, Red and white- Phills. That's how we roll. Fishtail is my preferred style. I probably shouldn't know that. :tsk: :-D

That's a great story about your step-mom. It's amazing how much the little things matter. :thumb:

Her birthday is next Wednesday the 16th. Party this Sunday. Ribs on the menu. :thumb:

Orange and black are my go to colors also-Flyers colors, then it's green and white- Eagles, Red and white- Phills. That's how we roll. Fishtail is my preferred style. I probably shouldn't know that. :tsk: :-D

Yep, I also prefer the fishtail. I think it's good you know that, it means you care and you are interested in what she's into. The "Steeler" one I'm wearing there is a fishtail too...and also my preference. :becky:

We have brisket on the menu for her party this Sunday. It's what she wanted. :clap2:

This picture wasn't needed for the story, but I love it.

Excellent story and accompanying pitures what a great family day, thanks for sharing. You might be creating a future Food channel star..............

What a great post. My only child, my daughter, is getting married later this month. You can never have too many of these memories. You are a great Dad and my Brethrn.

Great pics! A fine job capturing some priceless time with your daughter.

Probably won't be long before she starts competing in the Throwdowns!

Bravo, Sir! almost brings a tear to the eye. I am still a few years away but am very much looking forward to these moments with my girls. thanks for the great posts! :clap2:

You're creating a Monster> a Heart stealer that can cook :-D Good on ya and thanks for making me remember the times I spent teaching mine.

Back