BBQ Comp Music?

Dex

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone care to post their track lists they use for music at BBQ Comps or even tunes you like to play at home whiling smoking?

:peace:

All blues all the time! I don't compete but at home when I smoke I play various blues artists, SRV, Joe Bonamassa, Susan Tedeschi, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, BB King, Mississippi John Hurt, Sister Rosetta Tharp, the list could go on for a long time but I think you get the idea. All Blues all the time.

Trace Adkins, Jason Aldean, Alan Jackson, Blake Shelton, etc. Turn ins get kicked off with some Lynard Skynard, Sweet Home Alabama.

Texas Red Dirt Music the night before, ESPN radio in the Morning, and speed metal during turn ins.

It's an eclectic mix - everything from the Rev. Horton Heat, Bruce Springsteen, and some Tom Jones - to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. My iPod has multiple personalities. Thank gawd they all like BBQ.

Chicken turn-in starts with AC/DC "It's a long way to the top".......

During turn-ins.... Van Halen, poundcake and panama, then whatever every pops up

Unlike my ghetto IPC brothers Whiskey Bent, I turn up some Primus, Molly Hatchet, Cracker, Soundgarden, Blackfoot, Outlaws, Sublime, Godsmack, Kid Rock, GnR, Skynrd, etc. Keeping it real.

Sent by my Genie-in-a-bottle using Tapatalk

Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show at turn-ins. Dah ha, hey ray hey sugar, tell em who we are....

Dave Matthews, Kem, Phil Collins, Jill Scott, Genesis, Hootie and the Blowfish, Notorius BIG, Jazmine Sullivan, etc.

We have a little something for all!:thumb:

My collection of pre and post WWII era country blues, Twang, Honky and Tonk, Countrypolitan, Sun Records Rockabilly, R&B, Soul, Funk, Blues, for prep, and on Sunday I sometimes throw in some Gospel and Sacred Steel tunes to piss off the hungovers!

Wow... That list would be unbelievably long. I'm coming up on 4000 songs in my ipod and the artists range from Mozart to Pat Matheny to Stone Temple Pilots. I'm proud to say that there isn't a single rap song anywhere in there. For comps I just put in the ole ear buds and hit shuffle.

Russ

We play mindless 80's music from Elvis Costello to a Flock of Seagulls. Hey, we are just looking to have some fun.

We sort of have a tradition to play The Lumberjack song by Jackyl at 11:30am Saturday morning (really loud) but other than that we usually play a mix of blues, hard rock, classic rock and country...

Back