• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fatty cooking start times

pc132

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I love all the pictures of the fatties out here, especially cowgirl's recent chicken fried fatty, BUT i was wondering...what time do you start cooking your fatties in order to have them ready for breakfast? I mean if you're eating breakfast at 7am, do you start cooking at like 3am?? That's crazy!

Pretty sure hers was from the day before that was fried the next morning, but yeah they take a few hours.

I cook the innards and roll it all up the night before and refrigerate them. It normally takes me two to two and a half hours to cook at 250F, plus whatever time is needed to warm up the smoker.

2 hrs or less at 275* or more. The hotter the faster, so I guess it depends on how hungry you are that morning.

I smoke several (3-5) naked fatties in advance.
Refridge or Freeze them.
Then, for breakfast, I just reheat slices in the MicroZapper or put into my "World Famous Biscuits and Gravy" 8)

Too darn early to cook them fresh for breakfast if that is all I am cooking!

Great Eats!

TIM

I love all the pictures of the fatties out here, especially cowgirl's recent chicken fried fatty, BUT i was wondering...what time do you start cooking your fatties in order to have them ready for breakfast? I mean if you're eating breakfast at 7am, do you start cooking at like 3am?? That's crazy!

Cook them on the weekend and eat them during the week, they warm-up well.

Back