"SHOW ME YOU PIT$$$" Really.. lets see em

Here is my baby. TQ and Tyler 250 Signature Series.

DSCN1310.jpg

DSCN1318.jpg

DSCN1963_zps3b9509cd.jpg

What are the dimensions of that thing? Really looks awesome. I am thinking about doing one but I do not know how to weld either. How difficult was it. What kind of welding did you do?

Thanks for the compliment . This is my pride and joy . The tank is 30" diameter x 84" long . My fire box is 25"x18"x18" . The fire box and the reverse flow plate inside is all 1/4" steel . Which I had purchased at our local scrape metal place. I had bought a wire feed ( flux core ) wire welder . I bought the welder at harbor frieght for under $100 . But when I got to welding the reverse flow plate inside the welder broke . I then went and spent the money for a Hobart welder . It was well worth the money . I should have bought the Hobart in the begining . The wire welders are easy to use and you get better as you weld more . I have 2 levels of shelves which pull out . I will be mounting on a trailer next week .

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 343
I think I need to invest in a wire welder soon then and just start doing it. Can't afford classes so teaching myself sounds doable. That is an amazing smoker to have never welded before. Had you worked with cutting metal though with a torch or anything and just didn't know how to weld?

New UDS

Just picked up this Big Ugly Drum Smoker today. Thanks Don Bailey!

First cook planned for Thursday as I unfortunately have to work long hours for a few days. Probably a good thing so I can then afford to stuff the pit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I think I need to invest in a wire welder soon then and just start doing it. Can't afford classes so teaching myself sounds doable. That is an amazing smoker to have never welded before. Had you worked with cutting metal though with a torch or anything and just didn't know how to weld?

I have never worked with metal before . I used a 4" grinder and bought metal cutting blades . I had a plan of what I wanted to build . I watched alot of videos on you tube and just started to build . I took one thing at a time and took my time building . Took me a year to build , since trying to find time on the weekends . I was shocked at the finished product. Everyone that comes over can't believe I built this and wants me to start selling them . I built this pit for competitions .

Just picked up this Big Ugly Drum Smoker today. Thanks Don Bailey!

Enjoy the drum there sir! Don makes top notch drums worth every penny. I posted pics of mine earlier on this thread. Page 2 maybe??

Make sure you post pics of your first cook on it!

Great looking pit! Does the Yeti hold temp as well as they say it does?

Here is a shot of my Large Spicewine. I love this cooker.

Attachments

• cleaned up.jpg
    cleaned up.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 345
  • Spicewine.jpg
    Spicewine.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 345
Back