• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ghost peppers

gooose53

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got me some ghost peppers. I like a little spice but not sure exactly what I'm going to do with them yet.

One thing you can do- be careful! I have some ground powder- doesn't take much.

Seriously - they are WICKED hot. (1) seed smashed on a cutting board & put on my tongue about dropped me to my knees. I grew a few last year, probably not going to this year - too hot for my needs.

Ghost

I make sweet/hot pickles with them. A couple of weeks in the jar and they are spicey! Also make spicey picked eggs with them as well. Wear gloves.

Them suckers are frickin hot. I grew them last year. I may grow a couple this year just to make some powder.

Hope you don't wear contact lenses... if you do wear gloves. Took my wife 3 days to get that stuff outta the pores in her fingers!

I use them to make my Diablo sauce, and at around a million scoville units, it's HOT. Its an Indian pepper called "Bhut Jolokia Chili Pepper"

Arlin uses them to kick the chili up a notch at the Midwest Bash :thumb:.

I like food hotter than most folks do (although I'm probably average for around here) and I still use that stuff sparingly - that chit is HOT! Scramble some in eggs - I used to do that with habeneros before we had kids.

Seriously - they are WICKED hot. (1) seed smashed on a cutting board & put on my tongue about dropped me to my knees. I grew a few last year, probably not going to this year - too hot for my needs.

Yowza that is wicked..:crazy:

If you only like a little spice, these are not for you. Last summer a few buddies and I got together and made the four horseman burger we saw on man v. food show. The big mistake was frying the four peppers in the house. It was like walking into a cloud of pepper sray. And once you eat it, you immediately hate yourself.

They are the 2nd hottest peppers in the word (bhut jolokia) - the hottest is the naga jolokia I think... Anyway - they're more than a little spicy - I tried pieces of a dry one and it took 15 mins to get over the pain - fun - not sure I'd eat them regularly or cook with them - they're way hotter than scotch bonnets...

Arlin uses them to kick the chili up a notch at the Midwest Bash :thumb:.

Indeed, but I have to say the dried chiles don't hold a candle to the fresh ones. I used two dried ones in a pot of chili at last year's bash and it was only 'warm'. Well, that was according to the two iron gut farkers who were my best critics! ;)

Like others have said - WEAR GLOVES. That chile is MEAN.

The best way to eat them is just pop them in your mouth and chew. Just kidding. They are intense. Wear gloves, use sparingly...and warn people before you give them one.

BIGBUTZ uses them in his NOBUTZ sauce. And its good!

That being said, itll light ya up a bit, in a good way, make ya sweat, make the lips burn a lil, but not too shabby. As being a native arizonian, I can take the heat.

Those things are just mean! If you are cutting them or chopping, not only wear gloves but also googles. The **** gets in the air and burns your nostrils and eyes.

I am a pepperhead. I have them but, like you, not really sure what to do with them as far as cooking goes. I bite off a piece or two every so often to get that endorphin rush. A little goes a long way.

If you really want to see how brave/stupid people can be, just search for them on youtube. I guess it's really Darwin's law at work. Amazes me what some people can get talked into.

Back