Concrete Smoker, Grill, Pizza Oven...???

Thats too bad. I guess if it did work you would need to store it somewhere dry.

If you are going to buy an egg stay away from the cheap copies. I bought on from Bayou Classic and have had to repair the top and hinge (they don't stand behind the warranty).

One mor cook and it is ready to move....In 2 trips.:biggrin:

Hey at least it looked good!! Nice try JD, thats something I would have tried!

concrete strength is good in compression, but not in tension. it cracks to relive the tension (so do i). quick, large temperature changes put a lot of stress on the concrete. maybe try it with a pipe reinforced with wire fabric. the steel takes the tension. or you could just get an egg! :biggrin:

concrete strength is good in compression, but not in tension. it cracks to relive the tension (so do i). quick, large temperature changes put a lot of stress on the concrete. maybe try it with a pipe reinforced with wire fabric. the steel takes the tension. or you could just get an egg! :biggrin:

Thanks for the techno-speak bro...:p I'm already workin' on another plan involving fire bricks, easy form tubes, and hi-temp furnace cement. It came to me in a daydream so don't anyone hold their breath waiting on this idea to come to fruition...I'll probably have an egg by then! :biggrin:

Back