BPS "Hooked On BBQ" Contest 9/9-9-10

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We were able to get our first contest organized, sanctioned, and proclaimed a state qualifier. Now, we need teams!
There are 5 cook offs this same weekend just within Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois. Maybe not the best planned date, but it had to be worked around the store's marketing calendar.
If any of you guys would like a first cook off experience, this would be a good one! We'd love to have the St. Louis brothers, Illinois brothers, and anyone else that has not made a commitment this weekend to strongly consider this event.
Thanks guys, for your support!

Kick, I don't think my budget will allow it this year with all of my start-up costs for contests. I really would like to do it and if it works out that I think I can after all my other prep and purchases are made, I'll check to see if there are any openings left.

Kick, looks like I'm out Bro. The Mrs can't get the day off and I can't drive two vehicles at the same time so I'm down to I'll give it hell next season :(

spicewine said:
how many teams short are we??
I'll have to check, I think we're between 13-15, I just called the store, I'll have an update tomorrow, we'll call the conservation dept in JC and get a confirmed count.

Dang, guys, I hope the contest goes off! Why is this one having such a tough time getting teams? Other contests? Close to the Royal? Seems like a good tune up and so forth. Like I said, my finances are getting punched HARD right now with all the start-up expenses. I'd be there as a tune up if I possibly could but odds are slim.

In a past event, due to dropouts, they were one team short to make it as a qualifer.

One of the bigger teams split off one member, grabbed a smokey joe from a local Ace hardware and signed up. They cooked only chicken and came in 16 out of 25, but made the event a qualifer.

Back