WSJ Semi-retired

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
When my older son moved out to start his new career as a DVM, he took "his" Weber Performer with him, leaving me with a WSJ for family cooks. Today, the WSJ got officially semi-retired (to become a WSM Mini). Here are a couple shots of its last official cook as a grill. Couple of nice rib eyes.
029_zpsbb1747fe.jpg

030_zps5f351c18.jpg

With some sweet tater & mushrooms, salad on the side lurking outside the photo.
033_zps5af70eae.jpg

So, you might ask, what do I do for a grill now? Well Brown just stopped by and dropped of this bad boy:
045_zps83ce3d60.jpg

And in case the label is a little fuzzy
044_zps676c51a2.jpg

I'm gonna have fun with this big dog!

I was actually feeling a little bit sorry for you until I saw the Big Dog. I guess you will just have to suffer now without the Performer. :roll: BTW - fine looking steak!

I was trying to figure out how the Wall Street Journal was retiring...

Congrats on the new cooler!

I now suffer from Kettle Envy. Minis are great little pits that 26 is da deal:thumb:

i bet its not gonna be long retired. can't beat it for small quick cooks. not gonna do that easily on that 26'er. or drag that big sucker to the park or whatever.

Very nice, good luck with the mini build and congrats on the new kettle! :clap:

Congrats and you're gonna LOVE that big boy! Very easy to smoke on it using the minion snake method (or whatever it's called when you line the charcoal around the kettle wall and light one end).

Very nice new kettle and not so much retired and moving on to the next phase in life

Back