What's a good price for prime rib?

Yes, that is a good price. I assume you will buy several.

Good price. I just bought a few choice standing rib roasts at $6.99/lb. When I travel this weekend to the in-laws, I will be picking up a few more at $5.99/lb. I bought 3 @ around 5 lbs each, and will probably buy 2-3 more. :)

Costco has it for anywhere from $9.99/lb up to $16.99/lb. Amazon has it for $13.99/lb. Yeah, $7.99/lb is a good price. Buy extra. :thumb:

Yup, that is a sale price around here. Picked up a 4 boner today. Can't wait to get that baby into some smoke... Just make sure it is nicely marbled. With choice, you can run the whole spectrum of what you are getting despite being tagged "Choice".

I ordered prime prime rib it's 15$ a pound. Can't wait to get it on the egg!

Yup, that is a sale price around here. Picked up a 4 boner today. Can't wait to get that baby into some smoke... Just make sure it is nicely marbled. With choice, you can run the whole spectrum of what you are getting despite being tagged "Choice".

Is it just me or did this sound like one of those letters "I never believed were true... until....":heh:

The best price is the most you can afford, while considering the highest USDA grade that is available. Remember you are not actually cooking a prime rib,.... you are just warming it up.

The choice ones I've seen this season ranged from $10 to $13 a pound, and they had good looking marbling.

All the big markets around here have it for $4.69 to $4.99 a pound. You just need to find one (or more ) that you think have good marbling. Not hard to do. Buy what you can afford and vac seal and freeze.

Mrs Kapn and I have a 3.5# piece of Australian Waygu we will cook for a delayed Christmas dinner after she gets home from MD.
$18.60/#, gorgeous and worth every penny ! 8)

Merry Christmas to all!
merry-christmas.gif

TIM

It is normally 8.99 - 9.99lb around here so 7.99 isn't bad. I have one market that puts it on sale every now and then for 4.99lb.

I picked one up 4 days ago at Winco for $3.88 lbs. Ribeye steaks right beside the Rib Roasts were $7.88. Heck I can cut a steak for $4.00 lbs. Might swing by Winco today to see if they still have them. They were pretty good.
They have Wincos in Oregon , I just checked.

I haven't looked at the weight yet, still in shock over the price on the wrapper. A friend asked me to smoke theirs for them, probably a four or five boner, price on the wrap is $135. Hope I don't mess that one up. Sheesh, that must be some hunk of meat.

You will find that prices will vary according to your geographical location as well as your supplier and the volume they move.

$7.99 - $8.99 per lb is the normal prince in this area for Choice Grade cut rib roasts.

Last week they had them on sale for $4.99 and I bought 4) 12 lb roasts, 1 for Christmas. and the others cut into steaks vac-sealed and frozen.

I picked one up 4 days ago at Winco for $3.88 lbs. Ribeye steaks right beside the Rib Roasts were $7.88. Heck I can cut a steak for $4.00 lbs. Might swing by Winco today to see if they still have them. They were pretty good.
They have Wincos in Oregon , I just checked.

I picked one up at Winco at that price as well.. they're labeled "select or better" and if you ask the butcher to roll a rack out from the back you can dig through, you can find some pretty well marbled ones..

I figured I would just freeze this one and pick up a choice at Raley's, but even at $7.99, I could not find one there that looked any better than the one I paid $3.88 for.

Back