Christmas gifts - what did you get?

My Christmas highlights are a BBQ cookbook, lodge 5 qt Dutch oven, spice rack w/ spices, weber cast iron sear grate, cologne, slippers, harbor freight miter saw(for home projects and to cut wood for the smoker) :D, and of course the best present of all was opening Christmas presents this morning with my wife and 9 month old daughter. Merry Christmas everyone!

IMG_2451800x447_zps355c61c2.jpg

That is a beautiful pair!!!

They have a really nice steak rub... I dont remember the name but it had coffee in it, very good, I got it in a sampler pack. All the product was good but that steak rub stood out!

Cool, thanks I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for that.

I got a Maverick 732! Using it right now on the ribeye roast... Also got a ton of different and obscure beers, a beer boot, a Lambic flute, and of all things... A gravy separator. Yes, I asked for a gravy separator. Got a big OXO model with a strainer on top!

I got a 732 as well! Also got some heavy duty Weber grill gloves and a Weber pan for cooking vegetables, although my wife bought this for me and she is a vegetarian. Very suspicious.

My wife got me a Tabasco gift set, some books, and some other snackables...
this is what I bought for myself (with the wife's permission)
134049d1246647492-john-deere-40-finished-100_0660.jpg

picture from internet.... not actual pic.. but very close... 1953 John Deere 40

My bride of 48 years and I celebrate Christmas every day of the year for what Christmas really stands for. We get for ourselves what we want when we want it.

We are very blessed and do the same thing.

I instituted a kids only get Christmas presents for our family almost 6 years ago, now we buy for needy families vs family adults and talk about it over Christmas dinner. Some called me scrouge, some griped and cried about it at first but they had no idea at the time. Everyone enjoys it now. I came up with the idea after helping hand out toys 7 years ago to needy children and a little boy told me it was the best christmas he had ever had and asked to give gave me a hug over a $20 toy. You think your tuff till something like that happens.

Merry Christmas Brethren

Believe it or not I got a crock pot!?!? Also got the three pack of kitchen aid pasta rollers, wooden spoons with drum stick ends, steam mop, cabelas gc and 30 bucks.

Socks (I needed them; really)
Slippers (they'll be returned)
Bottle of Oban (LOVE IT)
Justin Beiber singing tooth brush (my wife has a very strange sense of humor)
Hugs n Kisses (probably the best gifts of all)

Although I'm new to the forum, I'm chiming in! A got a jar of Willinghams rub, my Grandmothers cast iron corn bread skillet, and a pair of bear claws...can't wait to use them all !
MJ

Got a lightning fast RED thermapen. They told her RED was the fastest. Threw in a silicone spatula too.
My big boy got an elemental bacon t-shirt and the little one got one that said "got bbq"

I got to see the smile on my son's face this morning as we all sat in front of the fireplace and watched while he tried to open his gifts. Ever try to open presents with three energizer Papillons jumping all over you? It's the first time I've heard him laugh out loud since before he deployed the first time over two years ago. Music to my ears, and the best gift I could have wished for. :wink:

I got some rubs,sauces,a cast iron sauce pot,metal bear claw thingies.. that's it. Oh and a trip to Mexico.(bought that myself)

This was my year for gift cards, which I love. Having fun strategizing how to burn them. Most likely:

- Craycort grates for the Weber & Maverick Therm
- Grill pad patio protector
- Set of fire bricks
- Misc. wood and spices from a Groupon deal at BBQ Galore

But the best by far was the bottle of Macallan Director's Edition 1700 from the better half's dad. No age labeled but it's apparently only available from a specific supplier in the UK. :shocked: I was floored. Guess I'm in!

Back