Sam's Judges

Took awhile for the site to reload at 7:00, but quick and easy after that. Confirmed for KCMO on 9/13.

As you being a MCBJ, I appreciate you judging Sam's

I've managed to judge at least one Sam's comp each year that they've had it going and I even got to help cook with a team at Lenexa one year :grin:.
As with any contest there will be good judges and so-so judges, just the same as there's great teams and some that are not so great. I've had a lot of fun at the Sam's events - if they ever stop being fun then I'll stop being involved with them. Until that day, I'm in!

Had no problem getting into the Sam's event in Hendersonville TN. This will be my 2nd contest there. Should be some good Q after seeing some of the teams that have signed up.

Kind of surprised that the Des Moines judges list is not full yet.

I'll be going back under the judging tent in Southaven, MS, haven't judged since I started cooking a couple of years ago, looking forward to it.

Wife and I got into Asheville, NC and the list is not full yet for them. Not surprising, as it is the same day as a BIG contest in Tyron, NC (LESS THAN 45 MILES AWAY!!!) that has LOTS of prestige and most of the "good" teams and judges from the area.

Sure wish SAMs would look at what else is already established in the area before scheduling where and when they do!

Kind of surprised that the Des Moines judges list is not full yet.

Sam's in Des Moines is the same weekend as Up in Smoke in Mason City so I think a lot are doing that one instead.

I'm confirmed to judge Des Moines! Was there last year and it was good. Was even at the same table as Rookie48!

Sam's in Des Moines is the same weekend as Up in Smoke in Mason City so I think a lot are doing that one instead.

I'm confirmed to judge Des Moines! Was there last year and it was good. Was even at the same table as Rookie48!

Glad you didn't let Dave scare you off. Hopefully you will have better luck this year with table partners. lol keith

Back