Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon
Default Smoked Reuben Pie..........PR0N

There's Pie Throwdown going on get over there an "Show off your Pies"
Go Here...........
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=168605

This is my Official Entry into the “Show off your Pies Throwdown”

I call this “Smoked Reuben Pie” Now for the ingredients. Taking center stage is a 5 pound prepped corned beef brisket ready for the smoker. I soaked a corned beef brisket for 3 days with cold water and taters in the fridge, changing out the mixture every day. The rub is a mixture of black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and coriander. We also need some Swiss, cheese, Frank’s Bavarian sweet kraut with caraway, some dill and extra caraway for the crust, which is made with half and half white and rye flour, Thousand Island dressing and some mustard for the finishing touch will make up this pie.

Here’s the brisket at 165* internal temperature, getting ready for a braising in some beer and back on the smoker. About 2-3 hours more and this will be in the cooler. I have been cooking at about 275* over some hickory and cherry in my drum smoker. Then I have the Pastrami sliced and then ready for the pie. The pastrami cooked 6 hours with an additional 2 in the cooler.

Here is the crust rolled out and into the pie pan. Now we need to load it up.

Well time to build a pie. I am going to wing this one and build it just like I would a pastrami Rueben sammie. First we add some pastrami to the bottom, next a layer of kraut, more pastrami and then more kraut. Now add some Swiss cheese and then the Thousand Island dressing. Cover this all up with the top crust and add a few slits for venting. Now put the pie back on the smoker at 325* until the crust is a golden brown.

Here it is right out of the cooker

And this is my Official Entry into the “Show off your Pies Throwdown”

2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->