Dry aging beef with drybagsteak.com

They have a forum.I have heard nothing but good reviews from them.I dry age commando.

you mean without your underwear???

Nossir,I mean I put a subprimal in a fridge,on a rack,over a drippan,uncovered for 30-45-60 or however many days I want to age it.:thumb: I have nothing against any aging techniques out there.I will say,they are NOT required to dry age a subprimal at home.:-D

Would the bags work with a standard vacuum sealer if you have one already? I only looked briefly at the website, but it seems like that's all the actual machine does.

Would the bags work with a standard vacuum sealer if you have one already? I only looked briefly at the website, but it seems like that's all the actual machine does.

I read all there was about the process and system. You need to use their machine and bags to dry age but you can use other bags if you just want to vacuum seal.

I am trying to find a reason not to buy this. First, you can't do anything that has a bone in it.....I think. Give me more reasons....

I saw this a while back... maybe a year or so ago. Was VERY interested, almost got a kit but never got around to it.

Looked pretty good to me. You lose a bit of meat in trimming with this cuz you have to trim the adhered bag off (you have to trim dry aged meat regardless) I think the main bummer for me was that it said that you have to use their machine... was slightly expensive too if I recall. I do believe that people have modded the food savers to work with these bags... but again it was a while back.

I say go for it brother. I for one would be most interested to see how they work out for you. :thumb:

Cheers

Back