5 top selling bbq rubs on Amazon compared

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So they other day I had a random thought and googled "What is the top selling item on Amazon" and in the process discovered amazon has a daily updated list of best selling items in each category.

To my delight, there was a list of best selling bbq rubs so I thought I'd buy the top 5 and compare them.

So we have AP by Killer Hogs, KosmoQ, Bad Byron, Special Sheet, and a couple others.

The rules were they had to be appropriate for ribs in either the name or the Amazon ad. (I explain this in the video). It was fun. Hope you guys enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/4eGYSUhPs1U

Another great vid Justin. From the vid, would recommend you check out Oak Ridge Farms and Simply Marvelous rubs. Brethren Approved and both are sponsors here. Both can take BBQ to a whole new level!

Yep I got cow cover at home. Out of all of his rubs I believe I like his cow cover and killer honey bee the most. It’s good stuff. It is a bit salty though but as you mentioned it’s mainly a beef rub

I just got a bottle of cow cover the other day. I used it on a typical grocery store steak. I love the flavor and color. Overall, a very good rub.

Another great vid Justin. From the vid, would recommend you check out Oak Ridge Farms and Simply Marvelous rubs. Brethren Approved and both are sponsors here. Both can take BBQ to a whole new level!

Yes, there was actually a clip I took where I mentioned Simply Marvelous as sone of my favorite AP rubs but I realized after I shot it it was off topic. I love his stuff though.

Yep I got cow cover at home. Out of all of his rubs I believe I like his cow cover and killer honey bee the most. It’s good stuff. It is a bit salty though but as you mentioned it’s mainly a beef rub

I totally agree.

The Walkerswood Jerk seasoning is great. I let some chicken thighs sit in the hot and spicy overnight a few weeks ago. I thought it was great but it was way to hot for the wife and kids. Might try to mix the hot and mild together next time.

My absolute favorite rub right now is the honey killer bee....and because of a previous video of yours, my #1 BBQ sauce that I use almost daily is the Ole Hickory Pitts apple Q. Stuff is incredible.

So they other day I had a random thought and googled "What is the top selling item on Amazon" and in the process discovered amazon has a daily updated list of best selling items in each category.

To my delight, there was a list of best selling bbq rubs so I thought I'd buy the top 5 and compare them.

So we have AP by Killer Hogs, KosmoQ, Bad Byron, Special Sheet, and a couple others.

The rules were they had to be appropriate for ribs in either the name or the Amazon ad. (I explain this in the video). It was fun. Hope you guys enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/4eGYSUhPs1U

I'm personally responsible for Killer Hog's AP being in the top 5 and I'm embarrassed to say how many bottles I've bought! Originally used for SCA Comps, but I really like it as a dry rub on ribs, and as a first layer or base coat.

Last edited:
I'm personally responsible for Killer Hog's AP being in the top 5 and I'm embarrassed to say how many bottles I've bought! Originally used for SCA Comps, but I really like it as a dry rub on ribs, and as a first layer or base coat.

Lol I think I'm keeping canon camera equipment on a best seller list somewhere...doesn't taste great on ribs though.

My absolute favorite rub right now is the honey killer bee....and because of a previous video of yours, my #1 BBQ sauce that I use almost daily is the Ole Hickory Pitts apple Q. Stuff is incredible.

That's my favorite too. My wife thinks it's too sweet. I get that, but I also think she's totally wrong. (don't tell her I said that.)

Back