Tossing around some team names...

There's no such thing as too close!

There's Oink, Cackle, and Moo! and Oink, Cackle, and Moo II! There's Swamp Boys and Swamp Water Boys, etc.

If you pick a name and it winds up duplicated in another part of the country it's no big thing. I wouldn't try to take Big Bob Gibson or Jack's Old South :D but be primarliy concerned with regional duplication. Also, just change spelling on one word, or add a location, etc. to make it "unique".

The registry is someone's attempt to make a buck. It is NOT sanctioned by KCBS or wasn't last time I checked. You'd be better off to check with your state association or one of the regional organizations to see if you're duplicated.

Also, just add your name or town to the name you like: Ron's Smokin' & Jokin', or Ron's Piggin' & Grinnin', etc.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Tossing around some team names..

BigDog, that one's taken I know... saw that one in Warsaw back in April.

I understand that there are a lot of regional teams that I may never see, but I wanted to try to be unique just in case. That way, when I am on Food Network, you guys will know that its really me, not another team with a similar name! :D :D :D

I'm leaning towards Smokin' In The Suburbs or Ron's Sweet Blue BBQ right now.

Maybe I should put up a poll... :D

chad said:
There's no such thing as too close!

If you pick a name and it winds up duplicated in another part of the country it's no big thing.

watch out here.

Your team name remains in KCBS registry for the year. it determins your overall standing at the end of the year, so if you DO have a duplicate, it will throw off the standings and you will combine your scores.

I've always liked the movie,man on fire, its about a hit man going around killing bad people for revenge. the hit mans name was creasy.
how about " Pig On Fire" the logo could be a picture of a pig all blacked out with red flames behind him with a fork and knife in each hand with the words "greazy pig" under him then you could put burning up the competition one at a time

Re: RE: Re: RE: Tossing around some team names...

Ron_L said:
BBQchef33 said:
i've seen Blues Q's listed before. So i looked them up the name in the teams database. They are in there.

3589 Blues Ques Sandy UT Joe Ferguson Yes

i like "Smokin in the Burbs." :)

I thought it was too easy for someone not to have thought about it. I missed that one when I searched...

Don't think that is really a contest cook at all--but did have a streaming blues site a couple years back---think he is still on the bbq mailing list--gave me a few good cd's in exchange for some jelly--nice guy

Buzz

OK... Came up with another idea... Years ago, an old friend gave me the nickname "Buff" (acronym for Big Ugly Fat Farker, an sirforce nickname for the B52, i think. its been years, so I may have forgotten). So... Anyway, how about...

Buff's BBQ

or

Buff's Butts & Blues (or just Buff's Butts)

Hey I was just on a trip up in northwest Missouri and came across a pool hall/beer joint called "Right on Cue". I immediately thought it was a BBQ place until I saw the logo. Anyway, I think "Right on Q" or "Right on Que" would be a cool name.

["Right on Q" or "Right on Que" would be a cool name.[/quote]

Jeff, that is a way cool name 8)

Ron, it makes me wonder if they've let their registrations lapse. Maybe "Right On Q" didn't continue in cooking but they're still registered at bbqteamnames.com. If it was something you wanted to use, I'd definitely check with KCBS anyway. There's always a chance they are no longer active.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Ron, it makes me wonder if they've let their registrations lapse. Maybe "Right On Q" didn't continue in cooking but they're still registered at bbqteamnames.com. If it was something you wanted to use, I'd definitely check with KCBS anyway. There's always a chance they are no longer active.

Or try to track down the folks that have used it in the past to talk to them about it. Might be a little uncomfortable to be cooking next to some of their friends if they felt the name had been swiped.....

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Tossing around some team names...

Ron_L said:
Rude Ronnie's Sweet Blue BBQ?

This is my favorite so far. 8)

Maybe even: Rude Ronnie's Sweet Blues BBQ

Oooo... Rude Ronnie's Butt Buffers...

I could get a cartoon of a little pig getting his rear end polished...

Back