• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

wedding dinner plans

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok, for wedding dinner, i am having a bbq company cater it. they are really good. They told me that one slab of ribs which is 12 bones will serve 2-3 people. Im wondering if i can get one slab of ribs to serve 4 people. I will have salads, rice, deserts and chicken as well.

My idea is 2 ribs per person and some chicken. hows that?

(1/2 chicken will server 2)

thanks

It is fine, they are coming to a wedding, not a rib feed. Have appetizers to fill em up a bit more before serving.

Yes, tell them you want two bones per person.

I hope this is for the rehearsal dinner and not the reception! LOL

correct, its for the rehearsal dinner! it will be two nights before the wedding!

they are charging 17$ a slab and 7$ for a half chicken! This is for 75 people so not to bad of a price. especially if my family makes the salads and what not!

Here is the menu so far:

Ribs
Chicken
green salad
Berry melody salad
Wild rice
Deseret

To cut costs, i might cook 10 or so of me own chickens. i own two ronco rotisseries that each hold two chickens. or i could use the basket and cook tons of chik parts.

thanks guys

If you are getting a slab of ribs for $17 that is a bargain, most in my area charge between $22-$27 per slab. I always worry about cheap quotes from caterers who will allow others to do the sides and other meats. If you are picking these up from a restaurant then I say go with it, if you are having a caterer do it, check references, insurance etc.
With two meats 4 people per rack of ribs is pretty standard.

Come on, who you got catering it! I'm curious...

Come on, who you got catering it! I'm curious...

Sugar house BBQ company!

A local smoke joint here. pretty dang good Q to

http://www.sugarhousebbq.com/online/

I also had a freind who does catering professionaly offer to do grilled lemon chicken and smoked pulled pork with fresh salad, rolls and dutch oven potatoes for 10$ a head. So each person gets both meats. He cut me a deal for being a friend/family.

Back