• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Cheese" Throwdown

Love the steak Gore and I love Bleu Cheese..Wheels are spinning on this one.

Steak looks great. I need to stop coming to this site at work, it makes me too hungry.

Pork Hock Head Cheese

f_5000744_1-1.jpg

I made some cheesy potatoes tonight and thought I might enter them, but then I came back and saw Gore's steak again and said "why bother". That is a thing of beauty!

Reverse sear ribeye with Pulled mac & cheese

Here's my entry! Had a ribeye steak & some pulled pork stuffed mac & cheese.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Since its the cheese item that's being judged, I'll use this image for judging. (Y/N?)
attachment.php

Cheers

I made some cheesy potatoes tonight and thought I might enter them, but then I came back and saw Gore's steak again and said "why bother". That is a thing of beauty!

Big mistake! That steak is a beautiful picture (and delicious), but it is definitely not a winner (of course what do I know). For me the others are more interesting and appealing. You never know how the voting goes, so show us what you've got! I called this hoping to get lots of creative entries (Rob's from "Surprise" was my inspiration). I just didn't have time to put something better together.

Big mistake! That steak is a beautiful picture (and delicious), but it is definitely not a winner (of course what do I know). For me the others are more interesting and appealing. You never know how the voting goes, so show us what you've got! I called this hoping to get lots of creative entries (Rob's from "Surprise" was my inspiration). I just didn't have time to put something better together.

The cheesy potatoes didn't turn out exactly as planned and I'm not happy with the pictures either. But I still have cheese in the refrigerator and my thinking cap on... :becky:

Well with the with the girls starting school this week and getting ready for the JOS cooking class this weekend I wanted to make something to last a few days. So I made nice classic red sauce lasagna with ground chuck and Italian sausage topped with 4 types of cheese and fresh basil.
On The Egg

IMG_6676.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

Plated (enter this pic please)
IMG_6702.jpg

Both Shiz-Nit's and Midnight Smoke's entries look killer. If I can find the right cheese my entry will have plenty of theatrics but not the impact of those delicious looking dishes. This is going to be a competitive one.

Both Shiz-Nit's and Midnight Smoke's entries look killer. If I can find the right cheese my entry will have plenty of theatrics but not the impact of those delicious looking dishes. This is going to be a competitive one.

You sure got that right.

Back