• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork Chops

Like my chops with Rasberry Chipotle glaze. Knock your dick in the dirt good and with the Pecan wood that much better.

Indoors.....my wife cooks them in a skillet of brown gravy for several hours breaking them down until they're fork tender. Serve with mashed taters and you've got a meal!

In the smoker.....I sprinkle a dry rub over them and then slather them in habanero jelly before putting them in.

On the grill.....just lemon pepper.

Ron_L said:
I love this place! Look at the variety of pork chop preperations!

Creativity fuels the necessity for invention.

Being hungry does`nt hurt either.

Lawn needed a mow, so I needed to do the chops unattended (in the oven)

2/3 stick butter
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup bbq sauce
2 tbs hot sauce
1tbs molasses

Melt butter and add the rest. keep stirring till hot.

Small casserole dish (3 boneless chops this time) spray, and cover chops with mixture

350* for an hour, spoon pan glaze back over chops when serving.

Damn good eating.

(works on wings and chicken breast too)

I like mine on a plate thick cut, cooked to the juicy point of no return. so Please share.
Man am I getting the Q urg.

"Iowa chops" 1 1/2" thick. Grilled over coals and drizzled with beer to keep 'em moist.
So juicy they squirt when you slice into them.

1 1/4" thick bone-in sprinkled with rub, heavy hickory smoke for 1/2 hour then grilled to finish and while i wait a few cold ones

rbinms33 said:
Indoors.....my wife cooks them in a skillet of brown gravy for several hours breaking them down until they're fork tender. Serve with mashed taters and you've got a meal!

In the smoker.....I sprinkle a dry rub over them and then slather them in habanero jelly before putting them in.

On the grill.....just lemon pepper.

My wife makes them like that, too. Great with mashed potatos. I like to grill them with some garlic salt and lemon pepper, and sometimes a little BBQ sauce.

I'm gonna try another batch offset on the weber tomorrow.

This time, think I'll smoke for 1/2 hour, then add Sweet and Sour Sauce, then another 15 to 20 min until done. More S&S on the side.

I use to love doing them like this on the OM's grill (old man)

And another variation:

The thick cut, I sear on the outside in a non stick Caphalon, then into the oven, covered with cinamon apple sauce. 325 for an hour, covered. Respoon the slightly browned "glaze" over the top. Add fresh applesauce if necessary (covered I don't need to, uncovered I do)

This thread has like 5 things I want to try

I love grilled pork chops. We fix them lots of ways. But if you really want a treat get a small container of thin sliced liver and marinate it in your favorite tomato based BBQ sauce. After the chops are done put the liver on the grill and give it a minute or two on each side. Just till it is cooked through and not a second more. Serve it with the pork chops. Now let me warn you before you try grilled liver. If you hate liver then you will love this stuff, and if you love liver this stuff will take you to new hights of pleasure. If you do not eat organ meat because of its high fat content then one slice of this should not be harmful if you only eat it once or twice a year.

Smoke first with Maple wood!!

Then on the grill for finishing with some Spicewine Hen and Hog dust dashed on, then a touch of sauce of choice on the grill long enough just to set the sauce and CHOW DOWN.....with an iced down cold one, straight out of the fridge is OK if that is all you got.

I like my chops grilled as well, but that always includes a little indirect heat to finish with some good wood smoke (apple preferred). Brush with some jalapeno jelly for glaze. YUM, YUM!!

Wayne said:
I love grilled pork chops. We fix them lots of ways. But if you really want a treat get a small container of thin sliced liver and marinate it in your favorite tomato based BBQ sauce. After the chops are done put the liver on the grill and give it a minute or two on each side. Just till it is cooked through and not a second more. Serve it with the pork chops. Now let me warn you before you try grilled liver. If you hate liver then you will love this stuff, and if you love liver this stuff will take you to new hights of pleasure. If you do not eat organ meat because of its high fat content then one slice of this should not be harmful if you only eat it once or twice a year.

Wayne, this sounds great. I do not eat liver as much as I once did, but you are right, once in a while does no harm. I never even considered doing it this way. We used to do grilled liver and bacon all the time when my sons were teen-agers; they loved the stuff. I think I'll try this when they are over for a family get together.

3/4~1" thick. Soak in a good dark German Beer and Kraut for a couple of days then cold smoke them <200 degrees untill done. Server with fried potatoes, red cabbage or kraut. I think I'm gonna hurt myself.......

Wow - nice thread!

Indoors - coat in Hellmans mayo (the real stuff) and coat with italian breadcrumbs or any potato chip you like. In the oven at 350 for about an hour or until tender. Bone in or not - moist and tender every time.

Outdoors - marinate in apple juice, cinnamon, touch of soy sauce or worchestershire. Grill and serve.

Lawn needed a mow, so I needed to do the chops unattended (in the oven)

2/3 stick butter
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup bbq sauce
2 tbs hot sauce
1tbs molasses

Melt butter and add the rest. keep stirring till hot.

Small casserole dish (3 boneless chops this time) spray, and cover chops with mixture

350* for an hour, spoon pan glaze back over chops when serving.

Damn good eating.

(works on wings and chicken breast too)

This is an old stand by from Willkat. Raining and nasty weather here tonight so I cooked in the house. Good eats for sure. Thanks for this Willkat!

Back