more stuff to ponder in the off season

rookiedad

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
how about an auditing system for competitions, where a competition would offer a limited number of spaces for teams who would not be eligible for prize money and would be able to compete either for free or at a reduced rate. this would be for new teams or teams making changes in their systems who also want the oppinions of the judges.

You are thinking waaaay outside the box!

I see where you're coming from.

Yeah.

Let me think about that.

So that would be kind of like a back yard or amateur division using the same judges as the "big boys"?

I like it!

Early this season a fellow comp cook organized a few loose charity Rib and Chicken cook offs with face to face judging with new and seasoned CBJ's. They were well received, so Ty and I held a full on 4 meat overnight cook at his place. We had 6 teams that participated and 6 CBJ's, a HJ in training and a Table Captain kept things rolling.

The face to face feedback we got from the judges was taken seriously by us and we had things to work on and tweak what already worked for us.
I know that it saved us a good 3 or 4 comps to nail down our cooking styles and adjust them to Ty's Klose pit after that, and the other new teams were ready for their first comp out of the blocks after that tongue lashing!

We are already planning to do some light meat cooks and possibly a Hot n Fast Brisket and Butt cooks at our Butcher shop this coming season.

There is no off season for the obsessed!

Back