Finally Purchased my Smoker

No cooks planned... I want to accomplish a few mods while it's still clean.

Temperature prob access hole, casters for wheels, mid weber handles, cover hanger (concerned about the cover beating against the side), mid unit to lower unit latches (3), considering a second vent on top (undecided).

Well the "Brown Guy" just left. He left behind a very big box (WSM). Amazon never fails to amaze me. I placed my order at about 1PM on the 29th, UPS scanned the box at about 1:30 PM on the 30th in Charleston, TN. Standard Ground shipping (free) all the way, and it arrived three days (to the hour) later.

Thank you Amazon.com.

The unit is all set up, (yes the WSM is a big smoker) but I can't play with it until about Tuesday.

Put Weber handles on the mid-section of mine this week (had to make the brackets). Grommets Installed for the BBQ guru and built a mobile cooking station complete with lights and a lid hanger. After about 10 cooks it is sealed up pretty good but I still want to get the Cajun Bandit door. They are currently out of stock.

I guess I should mention. "If there is one immediate issue that I noticed, It's the aluminum door". It was sadly "out of round" to the rest of the unit. I tried (slowly) to shape it into a better fit, but it's still not right. I'm thinking a layers of 1/8 or 3/16 Nomex heat tape should resolve the issue. It's probably the prettiest it will ever be right now...... LOl.... Love it...

thanks again for your support....

OK...Lets drop the Nomex considerstions. I just read what NakedWhiz.com had to say about Nomex. I've already experienced cancer once, and it's not for me....

SO, I guess I will consider a new door from that Cajun fella....LOL.

Back