Pulled Chuckie + pron

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
G'Day Bruces'

This is the first time I've started a 'Q thread without the whole thing in the can. But this is going to be my first ReALLY long cook, so now I unnerstand why some members do it this way..

SO, just prep tonight. I got a Chuckie from my meatatarium @ about 13.5lb. Not huge, but big enough for this.

This pic is the chuckie in the vac pac with spices and ingredients for the injection. Note the Casabel's and Chiltepins from Smoke Jumper

DSC_0769.jpg

Next, this is a great Australian Stout. Gives Guiness a fright! My main ingredient for the injection! Oh, and the rub for later is shown here... sent by Smoke Jumper!
DSC_0770.jpg

Beautiful Colour here in Smoke Jumpers Chilies. These were pounded with some Chinese Szechuen Peppercorns
DSC_0772.jpg

Stout, Brown Sugar, Spices, Muscat... an injection reduction from Heaven!
DSC_0773.jpg

Here's the Chuckie ready for injection, and the injectate being strained on the side.
DSC_0774.jpg

Injecting took some time as most of it runs out to the bottom of the pan. I just kept pumping it back in and turning the Chuckie... let it run out... inject again! So here it is looking pretty damn injected...
DSC_0778.jpg

And the last shot for now... I mopped out the last of the injectate from the pan and used paper towels to dry the surface of the chucky so that could dust with a bit of Simply Marvellous Cherry Rub... again, supplied my Smoke Jumper!
DSC_0782.jpg

It's looking good to me. Now it's in the fridge. Time is 11pm Friday night here. I'll be getting up tomorrow and starting this before I do anything else.

More to come..:thumb:

Cheers!

Bill

Looks like one heck of an awesome start! Can't wait to see the results. I love those dark beers for marinades, injections, and liquid rubs.

Bill that looks amazing I am so looking foreward to the followup pics....Great start

Oh man it's looking good. It's nearly 6pm here. It's been on 9hrs and I'm stuck at 160F internal. So, 2 chimneys of additional lump and crank her up to 300 (I've been running 225 - 250 rock solid all day. While it's been on, I installed a new cooktop in the kitchen, cleaned the house, washed curtains, went to the meatatarium 20 mins drive away with a friend and bought beef for some more jerky.. and the COS has not missed a beat..

So, been too busy to sit down and post photo's... but Ohhhhhhhh it smells so good!

I'm gonna get it to 185-190 and then wrap and throw it in the cooler for as short a time as possible... I'd like longer... but I've got people to feed!

Cheers!

Bill

So, been too busy to sit down and post photo's... but Ohhhhhhhh it smells so good!
That's some BS right thurre! :heh:

FYI... I wrapped mine at 165 and let it get up to 205 on the smoker then rested for 45...

Cheers Bro!! Can't wait!:thumb: (its 3am here tho.... I think I'll be seeing it in the morning! :shocked:)

Back