View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #27
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
Just curious here, but should (or could) you add the au jus, assuming you foiled the briskets, to the layers of foodservice wrap. Would the reheating process cause the wrap to melt of leak? It says right on the box, "keeps hot foods hot", "great insulator" and "microwave safe". I've been to classes where it was pointed out that it melts at temps above *250, so I've always re-heated lower.

Great advice from the tonnage cookers!
Not speaking for the food service wrap side, but yes, I do save the 'drippings' from the resting pans after the chill phase. I normally store them in quart mason jars if I'm using it within a couple of days or in a plastic container if I need to freeze it.

The problem I run into is not that the brisket is dry because of slicing it early and then freezing it, it's for the guests that get to the serving station later after the brisket's been on for 45 minutes. By adding some of this juice it keeps the meat nice an moist for a far longer period. Heck, I've even had guys make what they would call 'BBQ Italian Beef' by dipping some of the bread in the drippings and then adding the brisket.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote