MOINK ball certification

umyaya

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I made MOINK balls for the first time today as an appetizer for a dinner party. They were a big hit. Everyone loved my balls....er...that didn't sound right. I would like to give a special thanks to Trp1fox. Your raspberry chipotle sauce was incredible. I couldn't even get a photo of the MOINK balls with the sauce on them because they disappeared so fast.

Attachments

• BBQ_02_15_2009_1b.jpg
    BBQ_02_15_2009_1b.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 82
  • BBQ_02_15_2009_4b.jpg
    BBQ_02_15_2009_4b.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 82
  • BBQ_02_15_2009_8b.jpg
    BBQ_02_15_2009_8b.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 82
  • BBQ_02_15_2009_11b.jpg
    BBQ_02_15_2009_11b.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 82
Glad you liked it. Those look pretty good.

I'm sure Ron or his Assistant Ginger will chime in soon.

This is a new thing to me. those look awsome. what temp do you bring them up to? Do you apply rub with bacon?

Nice lookin' balls!!!!!!!!!
I would say your certifiable!!!!!!!!

I've only made them once. However, trp1fox said to cook them until the bacon is crisp....roughly 2 hours at 225.

similar to abt's i take it? I can't seem to find the raspberry chipotle sauce. Is that getting too wild of a sauce for chicken in a comp?

From an earlier post:

1 cup Raspberry Preserves (next time I'd use seedless jam/jelly)
1/8 to 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (your taste buds need to judge)
3 gloves of garlic chopped fine
Chipotles (seeded and mashed) I prefer this!

Saute the garlic in a little EVOO until tender. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. The chipotles need a little time to come to full flavor, so heat gently, don't boil.

Let cool a little before applying.

Nice looking balls! It was also nice to see the family playing with your balls on the floor! :-D

By the power invested in me by Ginger and IMBAS I hereby declare you to be an official MOINK Baller!

Back