logo

Question on Great Pork BarbeQlossal

Ken V

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My wife are thinking of coming over Friday night from the quad cities to meet friends from Des Moines to go to the barbeqlossal. Is there anything to do on Friday night as a spectator? Can a person walk around in the area with all the contestants?
Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

What exactly are the catagories?

Edit: Yeah, nevermind. I'll click that link to the upper left.

Todd, are cooking the BBQlossal? If so I will see ya up there. I am cooking with David from Pork County BBQ.

My wife are thinking of coming over Friday night from the quad cities to meet friends from Des Moines to go to the barbeqlossal. Is there anything to do on Friday night as a spectator? Can a person walk around in the area with all the contestants?

Ken

Friday night is a little late. Friday all day is a blast at this contest. I'd try to be there by 2:00 at the latest.

Fortunately... We should be able to accomodate you... We have Tucker... :cool: As I need a new avatar too...

Good seeing you this weekend Ray. Glad you guys didn't choke on my brisket. I appreciate the call from your sis.

Scottie

Ken

I judged last year and it isn't run like your average contest. We were going to come in from the campground around 6 pm and visit with old freinds and meet some new and then walk around and get some dinner from the venders. As I understand it now they provide a cooked meal that your ten dollar entry ticket covers and they have two meal times per day,
Noonish and 4ish.
Now I could be mistakin but that is what I gathered last year, if anybody knows different please chime in.
ModelMaker

Back