BBQ / Smoking Books - Any recommendations?

G

gabedaddy

Hey fellas,

I got me a $250 gift card for amazon.com for Fathers Day so after using $199 of it on the WSM I figure I'd order a couple good BBQ / Smoking books. Any good recomendations? I already have "How To Grill" by Steve Raichlen (thanks for that recomendation grillfella!).

Any good WSM accesories I might want to think about ordering while I'm at it?

Thanks!

A remote probe thermometer for the WSM would be a great buy. People seem to like the Maverick ET-73

As far as books, Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Road Trip just came out and I think it's a fantastic marriage of bbq lore and recipes.

Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ Sauces is a great go to for a ton of recipes as is his Championship Barbecue Book.

Smoke and Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison, though times and temps are a little off. Again, totally solid recipes.

One of my all time personal faves is Robb Walsh's Legends of Texas Barbecue-- it's just a cool book w/ great history and pictures. The recipes are good, but for recipes it's not my go to.

People really like Willingham's Book.

Mastering BBQ by Mike Stines is another good one....just chock full o' recipes....

Good choices for books there guys. I suggest that you buy a cover for your WSM and a couple of books. Either get them new with free shipping or wait and get them one at a time used for about $5-10 which includes shipping.

Gotta B&N gift card for father's day & gonna get that one tomorrow.

Take a look in the remainder section. I got a copy of it for under $6.00 at B&N a couple of days ago. Don't know if that will be the case at all their retail stores, but sure is worth a look. I had to check with a sales clerk 'cause they had the full priced one in the cookbook section. Same exact book in remainders.

(Hope this doesn't cut into Ray's profits, though.)

Just got Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ book in today..so far it looks pretty good.

I'll have to plug all 3 of Dr BBQ's books. :cool: Good stories and good recipes.

Wifey gave me the Barbecue Bible by Steven Raichlen and Sublime Smoke by Cheryl and Bill Jamison for Daddys day, just now cracking them open.

"Barbeque & sausage making secrets". It is an older book but gives alot of the science behind BBQ ie temps and what happens to the meats. Lots of great basic BBQ knowledge that would take years to accumalate.

I'll have to plug all 3 of Dr BBQ's books. :cool: Good stories and good recipes.

I agree but the middle book (BBQ All Year Long!) is the weakest, so buy the other two first!

I'm only about half way through the latest and havent tested any of the recipes, but if the weather holds out this weekend I might try a couple.

Back