• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Red Hot & Blue

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Have to go eat with the in laws that are in town for the race. What's good to eat there?

Well, I have eaten at the one in Plano a few times. Used to like the hot links, pork sandwiches, potatoe salad, slaw, even the ribs.
The last time I was there though...didn't like anything.
Sorry to not be of better help.

There's one just north of the GM tech center in Warren Mich. I have had the pulled pork sandwich and the brisket sandwich there and thought they were pretty good. (Especially for Michigan fwiw)

Not impressed. Pulled pork was a little dry. Dry ribs were decent. The smoked sausage was the highlight. Good potato salad. Me and Mrs Thillin agree there was a lack of smoke flavor. Makes me proud when she said "it's not as good as yours. And I'm not just sayin' it."

Pulled pork with the hot bbq sauce. The potato salad is good as is the slaw. The hot bbq sauce can be very very hot too. They also have good deserts.

I have got the combo plate with wet & dry ribs, sausage and brisket. Wife gets a combo with pulled pork and two other meats (forgot which ones). Then we share everything and walk out stuffed!

I remember I used to like the ribs, brisket and sausage, but our RH&B went downhill so we haven't been in awhile.

I do remember some cinammon (sp) butter for the bread. It was really good! You have to ask for it though.

I've had RH&B as a catered lunch and at the restaraunt. On both occasions I thought the potato salad was about the best I ever had. At the restaraunt, I found the brisket to be more like a pot roast. There was an insignificant smoke ring, and it tasted ok, but the grain of the meat was too fine (IMHO) to be brisket. If I recall, I had the pulled pork also. Could not have been that good (or that bad) as I don't remember eating it.

Just my $.02

The one here closed up after about 2 years.

Idiots kept putting cole claw on the pulled pork sandwiches.

I made sure to tell others at the table to ask for it on the side. They did accomadate a table of 16 pretty well.

Idiot???

The one here closed up after about 2 years.

Idiots kept putting cole claw on the pulled pork sandwiches.

Why would you consider putting cole slaw on a pulled pork sandwich Idiotic?? Hard to understand... I like it that way and always have... Not everyone wants this option, but its popular in most parts of the country and I have sold pork sandwiches for years... and at least half of the customers want it that way... In my humble opinion it makes for a moist and wonderful sandwich.

Willie
Willie's BBQ, Dalton, Ga.

The beer is good. Used to have some microbrews in the one around here. Brauma and i used to stop there just for tyhe Red Ale on tap. But alas, then we got good at making our own BBQ and beer and we don't get out much....

Why would you consider putting cole slaw on a pulled pork sandwich Idiotic?? Hard to understand... I like it that way and always have... Not everyone wants this option, but its popular in most parts of the country and I have sold pork sandwiches for years... and at least half of the customers want it that way... In my humble opinion it makes for a moist and wonderful sandwich.

Willie
Willie's BBQ, Dalton, Ga.

It's all in fun Willie. Bill's kind of a joker. Very very few places in TX put slaw on the sandwich. Slaw on seems more of a Carolinas thing than here in the Southwest. Me, I don't even want slaw on my plate. Pinto beans and maybe some potato salad.

Now be sure to go over and post in Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Ty

It's all in fun Willie. Bill's kind of a joker. Very very few places in TX put slaw on the sandwich. Slaw on seems more of a Carolinas thing than here in the Southwest. Me, I don't even want slaw on my plate. Pinto beans and maybe some potato salad.

Now be sure to go over and post in Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Ty

Very diplomatic of you. I'm impressed.

*snicker*

Put those ribs on some rice with mushrooms and spam and we could have a shovelfest!

Back