Trader Joes Habanero Hot Sauce

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Not sure if Qtalk is the right place for this or even if anyone cares, but I stumbled across a fantastic habanero hot sauce.

I was at Trader Joes and saw their brand of habanero hot sauce and figured I'd give it a try. Upon opening the bottle the first thing I noticed was the distinct floral smell of habaneros, it was not masked with garlic or chili powders just straight up habanero. The flavor was great, again it tasted sweet and like fresh habaneros, with a nice up front burn. The heat on this sauce was very hot, it just kept building with a nice sweat on the forehead.

I normally wouldn't post a "review" of a sauce or seasoning, but this stuff really impressed me. And at $2.99/bottle you absolutely cannot go wrong. If you like hot sauce, you have to try it.

It's a "Hot Sauce" as in more like Tabasco, rather than a really spicy BBQ sauce?

Good stuff and they also have TJs siriacha that is pretty good.

Evidently Trader Joe's has some good stuff.

Someone gave me a bottle of "Trader Joe's Chili Pepper Sauce" a while back which we add to several soups and dishes. It adds a really nice flavor with a little heat. My son and I are hooked on this stuff now.

Ingredients: water, habanero chilis, vinegar, onion, sugar, garlic, salt, sunflower oil, xanthan gum.

OK, habanero is the second ingredient. Yep, bet it's a scorcher...

Thanks forthe heads up. im a habanero junkie. Picked this stuffup thisafternoon, smells great, and is the proper color. Ive made my own hab hot sauce similar in color, flavor.

Back