Just some rib pr0n after being away for nearly a year

marubozo

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It's been a while. Not for smoking, since that goes on constantly, but I haven't been checking in here since last summer. In the process of opening a BBQ joint so time has been obviously limited.

But, just doing a little testing/tweaking on a small weeknight cook and figured I'd pop in and see how this place is doing. :biggrin1:

8620857256_3ebfa33a48_o.jpg

8619756377_d6bc18664c_o.jpg

Wow those look amazing

Thanks. The test didn't quite go as planned since after getting everything ready to go I realized I ran out of apple wood, so I tried something new and went straight oak. Not what I was planning on, but it actually wasn't too bad at all.

They look great! I am a huge apple fan....I like oak too, but not straight oak. Just doesn't give me the flavor profile I am looking for.

Welcome back, that's a nice looking rack there

From the looks of the ribs, that would be a BBQ joint that I would appreciate!:clap:

How far from Ionia?

From the looks of the ribs, that would be a BBQ joint that I would appreciate!:clap:

How far from Ionia?

Thanks. It would be a little over two hours I think. I'm way down in the SW corner of the state near Niles.

very nice!! and Welcome back

Nice looking ribs there, I hope your new biz is going well, it can be a tough tough business.

If all your food looks as good as those ribs, I'd have to guess you are doing ok.

KC

That looks absolutely perfect. Both inside and out.
Thanks for sharing, now I'm hungry.:mmph:

Welcome back. Your ribs look really good, nice job! :thumb:

Nice looking ribs there, I hope your new biz is going well, it can be a tough tough business.

If all your food looks as good as those ribs, I'd have to guess you are doing ok.

KC

Thanks. The biz is still in infancy and we're just closing on the property now and still waiting for some construction approvals. But in the meantime I just have a lot of time to keep practicing before the doors open. :-D

Back