Looking for new smoker

If you settle on an offset stick burner, IMHO you need to research and seriously consider a reverse flow. I've been amazed at how much better my Q is using mine compared to other cookers I've used.

I agree on gettin a reverse flow smoker .I myself have had many of smokers in my years of bbq. I made my own offset smoker just like a Lang. My Q has been the best I have ever cooked . Smoke ring is great . It cooks evenly and fire burns clean blue smoke . Once you get a reverse flow you will never cook on anything else .

Yes , I have actually contacted Paul T. On a build. We have been talking . I am keeping my options open right now.

He loves it... It cooks good... He has had his for about a year... He has had to get the intake fan fixed on it once.. He primarily uses charcoal for his cooks and a lot of it.. But it cooks really well...

Do you know if the food comes out any better than a offset? What about the motor? Any problems?

His seems to cook food faster than my offset... because the rotessirie the food spends more time closer to the fire.. The offset gives more smoke flavor in my opinion though.. He had problems out of the air intake fan.. thats it.. no problems out of the rotessirie motor.. here are some pics of his..

Last edited:
that SLE looks good.. check into Lang and Jambo's... Langs are in the same price range.. and the folks that have them seem to like them..

DownHomeQue, is it possible I talk to your buddy that owns the Cadillac ? I have a few questions for him.

I see you are in the DC area. Don't count out Meadow Creek smokers and equipment. I just sold my TS250 w/BBQ42 trailer. Hated to do it, but.......

They are having their yearly auction in a couple of weeks; you might want to check it out.

http://meadowcreekbarbecue.com/docs/7596_MCW Auction Insert.pdf

No, I have no affiliation with them, but I can say they make really good products and the customer service it very good!

Best of luck.

wallace

Back