Please Help with this question

Absolutely gorgeous to eat (but then I am from across the pond!) We have them regularly, mostly with liver in a casserole. In fact we had that yesterday. Cut out the fatty bits How to Prepare Kidneys - YouTube Then we soak them in milk for about 4-6 hours to remove any pissy taste. Then pan fry in oil on high heat and finish in your casserole. Mmmmmmmmm.
Try leaving them in a whole hog and cooking it, then pluck them straight from it and eat (ok maybe that isn't for the squeemish but I have done that a few times and it is delicious!).
Enjoy!

I knew somebody would come along and have an answer - that's why this is a great place. :clap2:

But that said, I think I'd pass on the kidney. Well, I'd take a bite if somebody else cooked it. Depending on who the somebody is, of course.

Put a little vinegar on them and see what your full of after eating them!:laugh:

I knew somebody would come along and have an answer - that's why this is a great place. :clap2:

But that said, I think I'd pass on the kidney. Well, I'd take a bite if somebody else cooked it. Depending on who the somebody is, of course.

I promise you can't taste the piss when they're cooked :wink: .......but you can definately smell it .............

Like most offal, kidneys have a flavor not loved by much of the American palette. I have not done kidneys in a long time, mostly due to cost. If you like liver, heart, etc. kidneys will fit right in the mix. I remember slicing them really thin (less than 1/4") and frying them in a really hot pan (do this outside!!) for 30 seconds per side. I do liver the same way.

Back