• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My best CL score yet!

MeetMeatsMeat

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I checked Craigslist after a long day of work and BOOM this was posted for free. They said it was going to be sitting on the curb. I couldn't find my keys fast enough!

It has this styrofoam stuff in it to make it look like ashes. So I think it was a store model and never used.I opened up the "oven" door and there was the original rotisserie motor.

Has anybody seen one of these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 507
Fark'n cool!!
I'll bet that handle on the "oven" gets fark'n hot...
What is the name on it say??

Very cool! We had something similar when I was a kid back in the middle of the previous century. A piece of history! (I don't think ours had the oven - just cylindrical hood.)

Post a closer pic of the model up in the right hand corner.

Looks really cool!

wallace

Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 480
Oven door open

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 474
I found an add on-line from 1963 and it was selling for 16.88. I just typed in wards garden mark grill.

Eric

• Thanks
Reactions: hav
i'm sooooo freakin jealous ! i want one sooooo bad.
some times ebay has parts for the rotiss.

Has anybody seen one of these?

Oh, yeah. If you grew up in the 60s, you have seen a grill like this. That style of grill was very common back then. You rarely see one like that, today.

The rotisserie was part of the package. That, and cooking grate that you could crank up and down.

On the downside, they tended to rust out faster than you could wear one out cooking on it. I think my dad may have possibly gotten two summers out of one -- barely.

Even though they suck, it is cool to see one for the memories.

CD

Wow that's a neat piece of backyard bbq history, and from Monkey wards no less! I'd be putting that in the "museum" for sure, meaning basement or other man cave area to be appreciated over beers during halftime or intermissions.

Hot Grill Time Machine!

One of my most vivid childhood memories is watching my dad cook rotisserie chicken on a grill like that. He used a flat basket rig to cook cut-up chicken pieces, basting it with a sauce made (I think) from melted butter. To this day I swear I can still hear the whir of the motor as the basket spun around and around.

Great find - thanks for sharing the pics.

Wow, Not sure that I'd use it for, not sure where I'd store it, not sure if there is any real value, really sure if I'd have beat you to it then it would be mine.

Cool Score

Back