pan seared chops with basil saffron sauce

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
ok, so i went out on a limb and wanted to make a great dinner and lunch for today. I took some nice meaty pork chops, seared them in olive oil in a SS pan with salt and pepper. I then took a sauce pan, melted some butter over medium heat, added some flour to make a nice roux. I cooked it for 1 minute to two minutes so that the raw flour taste would be gone. I then had a mixture of heated milk, sourcream and onions sitting aside that i tempered into the roux one quater cup at a time. Once the sauce was made, i let it simmer for 5 minutes, then i added chili powder, basil, and saffron threads. Added it to the pan with the seared chops so the sauce would collect the pan drippings and de glaze sorta speak.

pretty good stuff. Fun to make to. it was my first time making a roux. i know it doesnt look to pretty but i had no plate at the moment. haha and it was 11 PM so i was to tired to take a plated photo, but it does look nice on a plate. i let the chops braise in the sauce for two hours on low. mm mm good

IMAG2625.jpg

IMAG2623.jpg

IMAG2628.jpg

That sounds so good it deserves the best chops money can buy. Well Done!

it was good. especially the next day when the sauce has really built character

Looks great but I would have found a way to use the grill. I myself think grilling gives good meat an extra profile that can't be beat. They look way to good for the stove top. Nice work though.

thanks guys. i would love to use the grill for this chops. i would brine them first then grill em up. just gotta figure out how to grill here at the appartment. They wont let me have any type of grill on my patio, not even gas. haha.

these would be way better if grilled in my opinion. haha

thanks for the comments everyone

Nicely done, that looks like some good cream sauce too, well done

thanks all. I had a LONG chat with land arc and casey about 8 months ago asking bout mother suaces and what they were. i did ALOT of reading and thinking. Then last week when i asked what to do with them, you all came through and showed me the light.

thanks everyone

Matt

Back