Chicken on the mini.

Chef Jim

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
A while back, I along with others built a Smokey Joe Mini. I have been using it for months now and just wanted to tell everyone what a great cooker it is.

Small, fuel efficient and works like it's big brother, or sister if you like.

Being a FBA judge I do get to taste a lot of "Q". But the chicken I get from this little guy is worth a 10.:clap2:

I could put two birds on the one rack I put in it, and I did three Fatties last week.

If you have not built one of these you should consider it.

Sorry no pron, thought we all know what chicken and fatties look like.:clap2:

Jim

They do look intriguing but if I put another cooker in our backyard my wife would sign me up for some sort of intervention program. She may anyhow....

They do look intriguing but if I put another cooker in our backyard my wife would sign me up for some sort of intervention program. She may anyhow....

Marty, they are so small she might not even see it. Sharon told me it was so cute that it did not go into the count of smokers.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Great Jim! Yeah, another Chicken or Fatty pic we can do without, but pics of your Mini are what counts.

They truly are a great little cooker, I use mine a lot!

Agreed. These are great little cookers (liked the first one so much I built another)!!

I do use ours at comps for sausage, tri-tip and a couple of times for chicken...though no 10's I did get a call after using it for chix (maybe I need you as a judge Jim)!! :becky:

I am thinking of a smaller smoker for fuel efficiency, but the problem is that whenever I start smoking even the smallest of things, the amount of food that ends up being cooked expands to fill all available space and then some! I am Gore, and I admit I have a smoking problem. I know that's the first step, but where do I go from here?

I got all the parts last summer, but I haven't gotten around to building it.

Is there a thread here with directions for a mini?? I could sneak one of those in.....:rolleyes:

I know what you mean Marty!! mine told me another cooker and I would have to sleep with it!! literally.. I'm remodeling her kitchen and she is lettin up on me... Not to hijack, but marty what about your weber handles for sale? Sorry mods :icon_blush:

Jim any special recipe you used? I am still searching for the "WOW" factor for chicken and have not found it yet, maybe you found it.

Paul

A while back, I along with others built a Smokey Joe Mini. I have been using it for months now and just wanted to tell everyone what a great cooker it is.

Small, fuel efficient and works like it's big brother, or sister if you like.

Being a FBA judge I do get to taste a lot of "Q". But the chicken I get from this little guy is worth a 10.:clap2:

I could put two birds on the one rack I put in it, and I did three Fatties last week.

If you have not built one of these you should consider it.

Sorry no pron, thought we all know what chicken and fatties look like.:clap2:

Jim

Back