• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

More lucy Jucy's w/Pron!

D

Derek

Hi everyone,

I've made more Jucy lucy's tonight on the p-p-p Platypus weber using high heat & direct heat. ( Dang it, Ron L, should be put in the dayum penitently box for getting that stupid song stuck in my head )

I'm finishing the hickory flavor briqu's up before I buy the lump coal this weekend.

Anyways my mom purchased these for me to use while she was in Florida.

And they're nice.

873651754_oqZP3-L.jpg

&

873651819_hqeK2-XL.jpg

Lucy's with Munster & American cheese slices.
and it's half Sirloin & half pork Sausage.
873651646_YPcnh-L.jpg

&
873651851_SxW5h-L.jpg

&

873651888_pWdZ6-L.jpg

&

873651936_4PWAy-L.jpg

Ok now the burger fix'ins them self.
873652006_k7nre-L.jpg

&

I only wanted half, so I gave the rest to my little nephew who wolfed it down.
873652032_4bVsD-L.jpg

Outstanding looking burger patties Derek!

I have never made a stuffed burger with cheese but that is on my list for sure.

Outstanding looking burger patties Derek!

I have never made a stuffed burger with cheese but that is on my list for sure.
You gotta try it bro, Definitely put in the ground pork sausage.

It adds flavor with out the extra salt.

Looks good, Derek! You're getting to be a regular mustard artist!

When you are cooking direct on the Kettle you don't need to use the baskets. Those are designed to hold the charcoal to the side (or sides) for indirect cooks. When I cook things like burger, steaks, chops, etc., I build my fire on half of the kettle and leave the other half empty. the way I have a direct cooking area for searing and getting good color and grill marks, and also an indirect area in case I need to move something away from the heat. I also use that area to finish my meats. I sear over a very hot fire on the direct side and then move the meat to the indirect side to come up to my desired temp.

Looks good, Derek! You're getting to be a regular mustard artist!

When you are cooking direct on the Kettle you don't need to use the baskets. Those are designed to hold the charcoal to the side (or sides) for indirect cooks. When I cook things like burger, steaks, chops, etc., I build my fire on half of the kettle and leave the other half empty. the way I have a direct cooking area for searing and getting good color and grill marks, and also an indirect area in case I need to move something away from the heat. I also use that area to finish my meats. I sear over a very hot fire on the direct side and then move the meat to the indirect side to come up to my desired temp.
LOL, thanks bro about the mustard artist. LOL!

Also thank you for the tip, will this help adhere the burgers together so they don't fall apart on first flip?

Looks good & cheesy. I've always had a hard time keeping the cheese inside the patties.

Looks good & cheesy. I've always had a hard time keeping the cheese inside the patties.
Thanks Big_Al.

I can help you fix that...

few questions first.

1.What size cheese do you use?
2.Do you seal up the 2 patties with your fingers?
3.do you use any binders I.E eggs, bread crumbs?
4.How much are you trying to stuff?

Looks good Derek. as far as the "mitts", real men don't need 'em...nice gesture on moms' part but...send them to me before your bud's make fun of ya...just saying.... :)

Looks good I like the half sausage half beef idea. I will now procede to steal that idea. Looks good Derek! I'm addicted to my kettle too so I know how you feel all the time.

Looks good Derek.

I haven't made stuffed burgers in a while. After seeing this I think I'll make some this weekend.

Back