Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin in the Junction, West Des Moines IA May 29-30

B

Buster Dog BBQ

Who's coming to West Des Moines and historic Valley Junction?

I just got the confirmation email from them. Looking forward to this, if only for the fact that the drive is 40 minutes from my house.

We're in. Did they open this up to more than the 30 teams advertised

I've requested information on it but not received yet. Is it a first year event.
We probably want to enter. ...

Dirty Pig will be there! Can't wait. Not sure I like the noon check-in time though.

Thanks Ryan, I faxed the entry in, then got an email from Brian that they were full with a waiting list.
So, good luck to you all up there.

We're in.... I think. At least the money was sent in long ago.

This is starting to sound like a recipe for disaster. Packing 42 teams in a spot originally designed for 30 and then not letting anyone set up until noon. I envision teams finally getting into their spots at 3pm and then still having to set up and get meat inspected. I hope I am wrong.

This is starting to sound like a recipe for disaster. Packing 42 teams in a spot originally designed for 30 and then not letting anyone set up until noon. I envision teams finally getting into their spots at 3pm and then still having to set up and get meat inspected. I hope I am wrong.
Remember last year? The block to the east of Maple brought 3 streets together and everyone was coming in from three directions. It was a nightmare then and that was without anyone have a big trailer. They should at least make people come in one specific direction.

They did say meat inspectors on had asap when you setup.

The ponderosa will be there I'm planning a potluck dinner at my spot who's in and whatcha bringing.

I received my confirmation e-mail today. I can't wait!!! Really looking forward to seeing everyone and having a good time. Good luck to everyone.

From what I thought Brian Sweeney said earlier was that the 30 teams were going to be in a parking lot so I'm hoping that the 12 additional teams are on the street. If we are all on the street, it's going to be interesting setting up and getting out.

Back