• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How do you clean your GrillGrates?

RW

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying GrillGrates for my new Jumbo Joe, but they look like a pain to keep clean.
What's your post-cook routine for your GrillGrates?
Thanks.

Grill brush, scrape the groves with the Grill Grate "finger" spatula, and then let them burn off. Easy. They're definitely worth having, I've got enough of them to use on my Summit gasser and the kettle. Grilled up some killer strip steaks on them last night ! :cool:

Sent from my Incredible (2) Droid

Grill brush, scrape the groves with the Grill Grate "finger" spatula, and then let them burn off. Easy. They're definitely worth having, I've got enough of them to use on my Summit gasser and the kettle. Grilled up some killer strip steaks on them last night ! :cool:

Sent from my Incredible (2) Droid

What i do is cover the grate with tin foil and get a real hot fire going the tin foil will keep the heat on the grate let it cook for 20 or thirty minuite . Take the foil off with tongs there will be nothing but dust . by the way the fire has to be HOT .

From the man himself!

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=TclyjBDTJYs"]Care and Cleaning of Hard Anodized GrillGrates - YouTube[/ame]

My method for cleaning GrillGrates-

I stick them in the sink with hot water and a little Dawn and let them soak for a while, and then take a plastic scouring pad and scrub off the crusts. I also use the GrillGrate to get the valleys clean. Next time I use them, they are clean and work just fine. I normally have some oil on whatever meat I cook, so no sticking.

I've been burning off what I can then using an SOS pad.

Depends who's looking. If it is a gig with a lot of looky-loos out comes the Purple Power and the pressure washer. At home grab another beer and forget about it.

They're a much easier than cleaning the cast iron grates I had.

Depends who's looking. If it is a gig with a lot of looky-loos out comes the Purple Power and the pressure washer. At home grab another beer and forget about it.

I like your style, captndan.
And thanks, all.

I don't really clean them all that much. wire brush and old spatula on the top. and the Grate tool in the channels.

Back