Redhot's Lobster and Scallop Birthday Dinner...Warning, Pron Heavy!

Redhot

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've been craving some seafood and thought my birthday was the perfect excuse to splurge a bit. We bought 2 lobster tails and a bag of large scallops to grill up last night. I found a killer marinade/baste recipe to use on the scallops and lobster.
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice

marinade-8.jpg

I let the scallops sit in this marinade while everything else was prepared

marinated-2.jpg

I heated up a jar of Classico Alfredo with added fresh parsley, black pepper and red pepper flakes to drizzle over some fettuccine.

alfredo.jpg

Grilled up some asparagus and made a parsley and lemon butter dip for the lobster.

asparagus-1.jpg

dip-1.jpg

Now for the tails...

tails-2.jpg

Time to try my first attemp at butterflying a lobster tail. Guerry did the first one and I did the second one.

tails1.jpg

Wow, that is a pretty presentation! I brushed the marinade on the underside of the meat before laying it on top of the shell. Then a generous brushing on top.

tails2.jpg

tails4.jpg

Grill time! The scallops went on first.

grill-5.jpg

grill2-3.jpg

Then the lobster, meat side down first for a few minutes...

grill3-3.jpg

The flipped and grilled for about another 5-7 minutes (didn't time it).

grill4-1.jpg

The fettuccine was drizzled with alfredo sauce and topped with scallops. This was one fantastic birthday meal. We had a glass of wine to go along with it...and I had to have a few candles too!

plate4-3.jpg

plate-12.jpg

plate2-6.jpg

td.jpg

td2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks fantastic! :clap2: What a great way to spend yer 29th birthday. I finally tried grilling lobster a little while back and it's definitely something I'll be doing again soon - great stuff! Not cheap, but you gotta live a little, right?

Very nice :hungry: I was thinking about doing some scallops this week too.

Very nice :hungry: I was thinking about doing some scallops this week too.

That recipe I posted was very flavorful, much more so than I expected, you should try it. I actually doubled it so I could use it on the scallops and lobster.

That recipe I posted was very flavorful, much more so than I expected, you should try it. I actually doubled it so I could use it on the scallops and lobster.

I didn't see the smoking cat card in the ingredients list. How was that used?

:becky:

Great meal! I hope the rest of your birthday was just as great!

That is totally elegant! Love the butterfly too, hafta give that a try. Happy belated to you.

Belated Happy Birthday...

Wow... Good looking Pron. (It's painful, I'm on a diet... too much BBQ)

Looks like you had a Happy Birthday.

I've got to try that meal. I love everything you fixed...
I wouldn't change a thing.

I didn't see the smoking cat card in the ingredients list. How was that used?

:becky:

Great meal! I hope the rest of your birthday was just as great!

Ha, ha, ha, I just thought it was cute. Guerry always gets me a card from the cats too!:becky:

Beautiful work and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Just wait till you hit 30.....its all down hill from there.

Did you hit the scallops with a finishing dusting of HDD or go for it heatless? I sure would like to have a couple bite off those plates....:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Well Happy Birthday Red! Looks like a fantastic Birthday meal. I do almost all the seafood we eat on the grill, you just can't beat it.

FIRST Happy Birthday!!! SECOND fark that looks amazing. That may be my favorite post ever!

Back