• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Team Publicity

S

SmokeInDaEye

So as some of you may know, I spend my days generating media coverage for companies big and small.

On the side I started playing with getting media for SmokeInDaEye BBQ. The result is pretty crazy, from the site traffic topping 10K unique visitors this month to features on CNN to mentions in most local papers across the country (google "competition bbq" to see my latest SEO quest as I just surpassed the Smoke Ring!).

Anyway, me and my wife are thinking about starting a side business just devoted to promoting bbq equipment, bbq products, etc. But I was also thinking it could be cool to publicize the best of the best teams across the country. A cheap, one price per season type thing.

So here's the question, If I offered you a team of PR pros to put together releases announcing your wins, booking you on TV, getting you mentioned in the local papers, etc., do you think you could convince sponsors to help foot the bill? I'd only work with one team per region so we're not competing against our selves.

I would be interested. Anything for my team is really for the foundation in the end.

Always lloking to get the word out. I suck at it though.

How much?

I have no idea. $400-500 total for six months ((versus my regular clients that are $7k-15k per month)?

If you sell your sponsors on the fact that they are getting promoted along side the team then they should cover the cost. I'm already way too busy but It seems like I could crank out some great publicity for local teams.

PM Sent. We've got some big things going right now and could use that kind of help. I've got a new sponsor yet to be announced that would probably help out on that.

PM Sent. We've got some big things going right now and could use that kind of help. I've got a new sponsor yet to be announced that would probably help out on that.

Is the new sponsor Imperial Margarine? Love the new avatar Todd!

I would be interested. Anything for my team is really for the foundation in the end.

Always lloking to get the word out. I suck at it though.

I could do some crazy stuff for you, Scottie. Let me figure this thing out and we'll get rocking soon!

I have some ideas I could use a little help with too... I think it is a great idea Clint. I'm anxious to see how it goes.

I just Googled competition bbq like you said and my web site came up second on the list between Competition BBQ Secrets and the BBQ Brethern!
I Googled it a second time and it did not appear. I guess it rotates.
Thanks
Mike

Thanks everyone who dropped me a note expressing interest. I've finally got a few days off this week to breath, catch up and figure out some kind of plan/offering.

I just Googled competition bbq like you said and my web site came up second on the list between Competition BBQ Secrets and the BBQ Brethern!
I Googled it a second time and it did not appear. I guess it rotates.
FYI - Being logged into Google when searching can vastly change your results. Make sure you're not logged in when searching to check your pagerank.

John

FYI, my wife and I are working on a basic outline of the various services and publicity we can offer and hope to get something together that people can look at and digest in the next week. I can really do as much or as little as needs warrant, just want to make sure the mix of teams and products don't overlap.

Back