• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Even BBQuer's Need Desert

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This is for all you who can enjoy it. Here's the story behind all these pecan pies.

I was up at the landlords house hanging out. Well actually he is only the landlord for about 5 minutes once a month. the rest of the time he is just a neighbor and over this past year has become a good friend.

So, I was up at my friends house hanging out. He is hatching out some chickens for my son OK and me too. His mother called while I was there, and when she was told i was there. She told him to tell me to go up to her house and get the bag of pecans that she has on the carport. She said she wasn't going to have time to crack them. We jump in the farm jeep and went on up there and got the pecans. He ask what I did with them. I told him I just put them in the freezer until my wife want's a pecan pie and I make her one. I seen the twinkle in his eyes when i said Pecan Pie. He said; Bobby if I buy the ingredients would you mind making me one. Of course I will I told him. He gave me enough for all I made.

I sat here on my couch last night and cracked the entire bag of pecans throwing in my big stainless bowl as I went along. After I just sat and churned them in the bowl removing the nuts as I did this. I ended up with 8 cups of pecans.

Since I didn't have to invest nothing but my time doing what I love to do anyway. I made Tina a pie, my friend his pie and one for his Mama for giving me the pecans. truth is I've always shared no matter who paid the bill , it just make's me happy. They both are always looking out for me since I've been so sick. You just don't find people like that too often.

I had a lot of pictures but didn't realize my camera battery was weak. They all turned out blurry except these two.

010_zps7f52e0da.jpg

011_zps48d08f2c.jpg

I'm married to my wife because of pecan pie! Well it started there anyway.

Those look fantastic! Take care of yourself Bobby!

Wonderful story! I think I'm only 8 hours away- if I get the stuff will you make me some?

Why must you torture us kids so?!

That last pic, well, that's just art. Nice job Bobby. Way to take care of your family and friends.

Man I love a good pecan pie!

Try adding about 2 tablespoons of good bourbon to one when you make the next ones and try that. Gives it a good flavor.

Oh my............you just hit a chord in me...............I absolutely farking LOVE.......Pecan Pie...............:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Wonderful story! I think I'm only 8 hours away- if I get the stuff will you make me some?

Of Course, bring more pecans, you can get them as you travel up 75. There is no way you can miss the bill board when you get close to the tree farm.:thumb:

I really enjoyed the story. You used your skills and did something that was "simple" to you but it meant the world to your friend and his mother. The process about caring for others is what makes us human. Pay it forward!

Awesome! Pecan pie is my absolute favorite. And great way to take care of your friends... and your honey, of course.

My wife's grandmother used to make the most amazing pies. Her two best, without a doubt, were sour cream & raisin, and pecan. Hell, I didn't even like pecan pie until I tried hers. She passed last week due to cancer, and while I know I'll never have another pie quite like hers, the two you made there definitely evoke some memories. Well done, brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

My wife's grandmother used to make the most amazing pies. Her two best, without a doubt, were sour cream & raisin, and pecan. Hell, I didn't even like pecan pie until I tried hers. She passed last week due to cancer, and while I know I'll never have another pie quite like hers, the two you made there definitely evoke some memories. Well done, brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

You honor me brother! This story is what make's the little things I do seem worthwhile. It might be where the term "Feel Good Food" comes from. I've had things like this bring up some good memories of times past and those I love.

Back