Lang Smokers

Thats true Wallace even in a traditional offset I fugured that out a few years ago.

Another point about hot/cold spots on reverse flows is to make sure the unit is level, front to back.

Trust me on this. I did not think it made that big of a difference until I tried it.

The trailer hitch end too far down will make the smoke/heat harder to flow from back to front and then to back again.

The trailer hitch end too far up will cause the smoke/heat to stall in the front.

If you don't believe me, try it. It doesn't take but about 30 minutes to see the difference.

wallace

Great point, this is true with my pit as well. I always carry a level with me.

The Lang has to be Level or canted slightly down toward the tongue both for heat distribution and to prevent Grease fires.

> Is anyone here familiar with Lang smokers?
Nope.

> I am curious as to how the reverse flow system works and how you like it
> compared to regular offset smokers.
They dont suck.
Love my Lang, but for price reference and slightly different features, see bubbagrills.net for another well made reverse-flow offset. Around here you'll always see 3 or 4 of Bubba's and a Lang or two at every competition.

Here's a few pics for comparison...

Cooking on the Lang 48 - 10 butts comfortably
picture.php

Lang 60 - 16 butts
picture.php

Lang 60 - 24 butts
picture.php

picture.php

The Lang 84 - wasn't full (18 butts, 30 wings, 2 racks and a brisket)
IMAG0940.jpg

Another vote for the Lang ... 36: patio and love it ...

I have a Lang 60 deluxe and love it! It does eat wood that is for sure, but food quality is amazing! Thinking of putting a temp controller on it. Has anybody had any experience with this? Looking at a Guru or a QMaster Senior with a 50CFM fan. Any help would be appreciated.

Back