Water tank suggestions?

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Anyone have any recomendations for potable water tanks? Looking for one about 15-20 gallons for the BBQ trailer. Camping World looks to be about $140.

I think spray tanks are approved. We have a 35 gallon spray tank - it cost about $75 from Tractor Supply.

I got 2 - 15 gal plastic food grade barrels for $8 each at my local market. I'll post pics when I get outside this morning. I am debating weather to use both or just one. These are the type with the latched lid nice quality.

I sent an email to the HD to verify. I'm going to use this trailer as double duty, so it will have to be able pass inspection.

Look for a camper & RV parts store around you. Picked up a 32 gallon tank made for this application for $80.00.
They have several different sizes available to fit your needs.
It has to have a fill line, vent line and drain line.

Attachments

• Trailer 013.jpg
    Trailer 013.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 51
I sent an email to the HD to verify. I'm going to use this trailer as double duty, so it will have to be able pass inspection.

I'm almost certain that Tractor Supply used to have something that would be legal, but not positive. Several years ago I picked one up with a buddy to replace a leaking tank in a horse trailer w/living quarters.

This is what I picked up for my needs. They are a little covered in pollen from my tree but they were clean when I picked them up 2 weeks ago. Used for syrup in making food. The lids are removable which makes them nice if I ever want to clean them. If I use both, I'll plumb them together with a valve in the middle to control how much water I need to carry - install a vent on each - and a fill on the one with the pump. I see this as a better setup for a tiny trailer to reduce sloshing should I haul them full. Hope this helps being that its a $16 - 30 gal tank(s) setup. (I will not be stacking them in the setup. side by side)
0507101017.jpg

Back