• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

ABT Meat - What kinds have you tried?

For those of you that have used shrimp:

Do you put them in the pepper whole, or chop them up and mix with other ingredients?

Do you cook ABTs with shrimp for a shorter period of time than you do for ones using more "traditional" meat fillings? In other words, if you're waiting for the bacon top crisp up do you risk overcooking the shrimp?

I pre-ccok the shrimp and other shellfish.
Then, they are fine chopped/diced for stuffing.
If they get tough, it don't seem to matter since they are such small peices.

I have never checked the IT of ABT's when I think they are done.
But I bet that is not high enough for long enough to "cook" anything.
May do some checking next time out of curiosity.

TIM

I have used just about any meat I had left over and sometimes even diced up cold cuts. Of course, there's nothing wrong with just cheese. I usually mix whatever meat with a mix of cream cheese and shredded cheese (Mexican blend/Cheddar/whatever's in the house).

I have a go to meat, but I can't mention it until after Aug 20th - there's a "friendly ABT contest" with some Brethren and when they know my secret, they'll use it. :) LOL

The last ones I made I just thawed and chopped some of the Italian meatballs that I use for MOINK balls, added some shredded cheddar cheese, some whipped cream cheese and seasoned with some Plowboy's Bovine Bold. They turned out really good.

I use Andouille sausage in mine. I mince it up pretty fine and mix it into the cream cheese (heavy on the sausage). I also marinate minced red and green peppers in a mixture of soy sauce and worchester sauce, drain well and add it into it as well.

I've tried most of the meats mentioned above, but my absolute favorite is chopped brisket burnt ends. Time to make another brisket!

I've tried most of the meats mentioned above, but my absolute favorite is chopped brisket burnt ends. Time to make another brisket!

Uhhh, can I just have a minute alone here. This is a sort of a private thing and frankly you guys probably don't want to watch.

(And if you do you're weirding me out.)

PTN

Uhhh, can I just have a minute alone here. This is a sort of a private thing and frankly you guys probably don't want to watch.

(And if you do you're weirding me out.)

Newbies! :doh:

Gives a whole new meaning to "Is looking for wood"... :tape:

Venison Sausage and 4 cheese shredded mix.

Leftover roasted chicken, Cream Cheese, and Chipotle Powder.

Cream Cheese, Ahi Tuna, and Pineapple. (used to get this tempura fried at a the Sea Fresh restaurant in Ojai, CA. It was called a Samurai Bullet.)

Back