Dang Chris, you already scared all the competition with the MOINK wrap. How can we compete against that? :confused:

I guess nobody can come up with any good California BBQ!:tsk: For shame...I thought everyone here was pretty creative before this.:becky:

I'm still perfecting my Smoked Pork Mousse :puke:

It's a little bit difficult as we're on the wrong coast.

My entry is still in the works. Thanks for bump though.

When I got home, there was a beautiful package of country style ribs that were just begging to be smoked:

IMG_1488.jpg

These were seasoned with some Foil Hat and put onto the Oval

IMG_1491.jpg

For dinner we had some tasty bits to eat

IMG_1498.jpg

That is when it struck me that I needed to finish this throwdown entry. I figured that if nobody competed against Chris, then he would cancel the throwdown, and I couldn't let that happen. Besides, I'm going for the record of the most consecutive throwdowns entered. So I prepared this breadless, pulled-pork avocado "sandwich" with sharp cheddar cheese:

IMG_1510-1.jpg

Menu entry: California Pulled-Pork Avocado Sandwich: $8.95

Business Model: The restaurant California Dreamin' is a gourmet sandwich shop that embodies the California business model. We serve only the finest ingredients in our environmentally friendly sandwiches. There is no need for utensils as the sandwich can be eaten directly from the avocado skin. The avocados are grown on our own private farms and the trees are tended individually and watered with rainwater collected by hand. Because of this added care, the true cost is approximately $10,000 per avocado; however, because the operation is environmentally friendly, the state of California subsidizes all these costs.

Restaurant fate: Business became so brisk, that California Dreamin' soon opened up chains throughout the state. As each new chain opened, the state debt increased. However, after eating one of the Pulled-Pork Avocado Sandwiches, a California Scientist hit upon a Eureka moment. Returning to the laboratory, the scientist added a pork gene to an avocado plant and created the Money Tree.

money_tree.jpg

These were planted throughout the state, disbursing money to one and all. Instantaneously, all California's budget problems were solved. Nobody needed to work, food was plentiful and rainbows and unicorns abound.

unicorns-rainbow.jpg

Santa Claus relocated to Sacramento and disbursed presents to everyone in the state on a daily basis.

images

And everyone lived happily ever after. :becky:

The loveliest of all was the unicorn, fab-u-lous!!![FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Gah! I didn't use a unicorn!:doh: Oh well. There's always next time.

Cioppino

Restaurant Name: Mijo's BBQ

Our Vision: To make as much money as possible so I can afford the $2000/mo rent and $4/gal gas. It is also our goal to become rich and famous so maybe someday I can meet Giada DeLaurentes and see for myself, in person, if her head is really that big.

Today's Dish: Cioppino

Price: $9.99 (Does not include fines and taxes)***

Description on Menu: Dungeness Crab Cioppino served with Sourdough Garlic Bread and Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

History: Cioppino is a San Francisco regional seafood dish started by Itialian fisherman in the late 1800's. The dish usually includes all sorts of seafood such as crab and shellfish in a tomato based sauce. Typically the words "cioppino" and "barbecue" rarely go together but if there is one thing us Californian's like to do (besides drive 100mph through school zones) it is taking a perfectly delicious dish and finding a way to make it even better with live fire! With the beautiful weather and abundance of seafood I felt there was nothing better to represent California in a throwdown than Cioppino! Welcome to my new restaurant, have a seat, and your dinner with be served shortly.

First we start with getting a little manzanita wood smoke on the tomatoes as the foundation for our sauce.

DSCN0078.jpg

We clean and prep our muscles, clams, and dungeness crab:

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

Time to get the onion, garlic, and diver scallops going:

DSCN0083.jpg

After the tomatoes are deskinned we add to the skillet with wine, clam sauce, and red pepper flakes. The crab and shrimp get on the grill. We do not cook the shrimp all the way as they will finish in the sauce.

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

Once all of the shrimp, clams, muscles, scallops, and crab are added to the pot we cook until everything is done and serve.

Here is my entry for the Throwdown:

DSCN0090.jpg

Sorry my camera skills are not all that great with my $79 wallmart special but I hope it gets the point across. Enjoy your meal!

Your Receipt:

Cioppino: 9.99

*** Required State Taxes and Fees
Sales Tax: $5.32
Recycle Fee: $7.22
Sustainability Fee: $17.89
Environmental Defense Fee: $12.11
Parking Meter Fee: $14.99
Prius Owners Subsidy: $16.27
Hazardous Smoke Fine: 3.99
CARB Fee: $7.55
Cap and Trade Fee: $2.73