View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed
Default DryBag Steak Aging in Process

Howdy!

Been a while since I posted anything 'round here...

This past week I enveloped a 5.8lb ribeye in a small drybag steak bag for a 2 week journey of flavor concentration.

Here's how it started

Since I have a regular FoodSaver vacu-sucker, I got the kit that included their "Vac Mouse" so that it would work with this type of bag. It's a strip that looks like an extra thick dryer sheet that's been doubled over, basically it gives the air in the bag a way out once the lid is closed on the bag.

They recommend running a 2nd seal across it just to be safe.

Before weight: 5.81

I put it in the bag on Feb 27th, and weighed it yesterday, after 5 days in the bag the weight is down to 5.39lbs... Kinda wondering if it is going to loose too much water since it's a smaller roast... I guess we'll see!
[B]1967' Int'l Harvester M1100 Food Truck, 220ci 6cyl - 5' ABS Judge - Plethora of Weber Kettles - 2 WSM 22.5's – Bunch of Thermapen Mk's - 36” BlackStone - 3 Bayou Classic Fryers - Ice Cold Kegerator[/B]

[B][I]“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz[/I][/B]
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->