• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Memphis "dry" ribs

K

kcquer

A Memphis style dry rib is, as I understand it not a dry rib at all. My info comes from a BBQ America shrine of the week segment. Memphis dry means a rib that is mopped(thinned bbq sauce at the place on the spot I saw) and has a fresh dose of rub applied then is cooked for a short time more, then served.
I tried this basic idea on some leftover ribs today. How tasty. I think I'll try it in the smoker next time I cook ribs.
Can anyone who has been to Memphis tell me if this is the correct method. What are the Memphis style rubs like? Does anyone else eat ribs this way? I really enjoyed them fixed that way just wondered what the real deal is on the Memphis Mod.

I've done the Memphis dry ribs many times.. cookem however you like in the smoke.. , then for the final finish, you mop them with a thin glaze or some jap jelly and pour a healthy dose of rub on them.. then fiinsh them off on a hot grill. They come off with a crust on them, similar to a breaded chicken cutlet. I like em, but the family still prefers the sloppy drippy all over your cheeks kind.

Back